+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Topics slot for Small Portions of Despair & Enlightenment .........

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Big teams & Big bucks to be made everywhere not just inside and outside stadia.

Aser/ELEVEN Sports are Rad's wallet revenue and will be promoting their services globally no doubt but our fan base IS far and wide - the game requires newer fans from a broader base today and media platforms deliver that whether right or wrong via TV subscription .............. not all can attend games in the UK so obviously a market is there .

Exploiting fans some would argue whilst others would expect such a service to be delivered ............... take your pick as ALAW.

If your Leeds you'll get to see our games live or on Tv end of ......

https://www.techradar.com/uk/how-to/...-do-i-watch-it
    I'm a Leeds fan, in England, I get a tad tired of everywhere else being considered by our owner as "prime real estate" whilst expecting fans here to turn up week in week out to finance his other "exploits". and watching Eleven Sports will cost more every time, no matter how many matches I go to ER to see.

Big teams & Big bucks to be made everywhere not just inside and outside stadia.

Aser/ELEVEN Sports are Rad's wallet revenue and will be promoting their services globally no doubt but our fan base IS far and wide - the game requires newer fans from a broader base today and media platforms deliver that whether right or wrong via TV subscription .............. not all can attend games in the UK so obviously a market is there .

Exploiting fans some would argue whilst others would expect such a service to be delivered ............... take your pick as ALAW.

If your Leeds you'll get to see our games live or on Tv end of ......

https://www.techradar.com/uk/how-to/...-do-i-watch-it
    Maybe "Rads" could offer ST holders free Eleven Sports subscriptions (or maybe not, that would dilute his margin after all, heaven forbid!)

As per the other thread on home attendance, no matter what we see from his support of Bielsa, his attitude to fans and their exploitation is no different to any other owner of recent past.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Maybe "Rads" could offer ST holders free Eleven Sports subscriptions (or maybe not, that would dilute his margin after all, heaven forbid!)

As per the other thread on home attendance, no matter what we see from his support of Bielsa, his attitude to fans and their exploitation is no different to any other owner of recent past.
    Disagree,with respect.

Rad put his money into the UK - others didn't.
    He put his hand in his pocket - others didn't.
    We have ER back - others didn't.

We have team coached by a genuine gentleman providing hope to us fans every game - others didn't.
    We have an owner with a flexible finance plan - other didn't.

The team is helping to put the City back on the map too - others didn't.
    You missed ALL those positives - other 'fans' didn't.

I've read,respect your forthright views & concerns and have put them before ALL those who wish to digest them,litigated in Italian,Spanish & Broad Yorkshire too .......... time as ever will tell exactly what can/will be done.
    Safe standing to live streaming of matches to accommodate all pockets ...... we'll see.

MOT

Disagree,with respect.

Rad put his money into the UK - others didn't.
    He put his hand in his pocket - others didn't.
    We have ER back - others didn't.

We have team coached by a genuine gentleman providing hope to us fans every game - others didn't.
    We have an owner with a flexible finance plan - other didn't.

The team is helping to put the City back on the map too - others didn't.
    You missed ALL those positives - other 'fans' didn't.

I've read,respect your forthright views & concerns and have put them before ALL those who wish to digest them,litigated in Italian,Spanish & Broad Yorkshire too .......... time as ever will tell exactly what can/will be done.
    Safe standing to live streaming of matches to accommodate all pockets ...... we'll see.

MOT
    Not disputing that Radrizzani has seen a real business opportunity and invested to recoup a return on that investment, as opposed to previous owners who were simple asset strippers.

To suggest he's some kind of messiah who is doing all this out of the goodness if his heart is, witj respect, pure b0ll0x.

My point, here and on the attendance thread and elsewhere is that the supporters who Radrizzani applauds for their enthusiasm and numbers at home and away continue to be ripped off with PL-style ticket prices and frankly obscene prices for apparel and the like (some of which despite my feelings I have been persuaded to buy), with little or no action on the club's part to make it clear that "appreciation" is real, not just lip-sevice

Yeah but how long in a kayak ?

MOT
    You heard how many shark attacks there have been over here in the last few weeks? Not sure kayaking will come into consideration for me at his stage!

Not disputing that Radrizzani has seen a real business opportunity and invested to recoup a return on that investment, as opposed to previous owners who were simple asset strippers.

To suggest he's some kind of messiah who is doing all this out of the goodness if his heart is, witj respect, pure b0ll0x.

My point, here and on the attendance thread and elsewhere is that the supporters who Radrizzani applauds for their enthusiasm and numbers at home and away continue to be ripped off with PL-style ticket prices and frankly obscene prices for apparel and the like (some of which despite my feelings I have been persuaded to buy), with little or no action on the club's part to make it clear that "appreciation" is real, not just lip-sevice
    Can't comment on what he does for local Leeds fans on an overall basis..but I'm guessing he hasn't missed the fact that Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea have all played over here in recent times. To crowds of 80,000 in Sydney an Melbourne...which is great revenue. But the bigger spin offs those clubs have pointed out is the winover of a bigger support base globally, and the huge bonus of merchandise sales!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Can't comment on what he does for local Leeds fans on an overall basis..but I'm guessing he hasn't missed the fact that Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea have all played over here in recent times. To crowds of 80,000 in Sydney an Melbourne...which is great revenue. But the bigger spin offs those clubs have pointed out is the winover of a bigger support base globally, and the huge bonus of merchandise sales!
    And what "benefit" would we expect as fans/supporters who attend ER? (And I'm not saying anyone who can't isn't a fan, just reflecting on the public statements of appreciation and the less than fulsom expressions of that appreciation in concrete terms)

And what "benefit" would we expect as fans/supporters who attend ER? (And I'm not saying anyone who can't isn't a fan, just reflecting on the public statements of appreciation and the less than fulsom expressions of that appreciation in concrete terms)
    Extra funds generated from this trip may just result in the extra quality players to be on show for you ER regulars....and give us an even better opportunity to win promotion??? Who knows? Isn't that what you really desire as a priority? Or happy to see us stay in the Championship as long as you get cheaper prices? So you don't see not even one positive at all?

Okay,from me to you with love & both barrels ...............

When you offer a discount there’s no going back. As soon as you lower your price, your customer will expect to see the same thing next time or they’ll hold out until you offer another “special” - Then they won’t purchase without it !

Personally I never ever offer it when offering services except if I'm chasing new customers for a client.You don’t want to set the precedent that every time your customer buys from you then it’s at a discounted price - THAT is just bad business..........

The Rad knows his 'audience' (over 20,000) keep coming back via season ticket renewals leaving 15,000 to 'pay as you go' which they happily do at ER.So current customers showing/sharing how great the product is.People tend to believe in numbers sold so they tend to buy regardless so they don't miss out in practice as tickets selling like hot cakes means confidence is sky high 'cos the club market us 'as on the up' - which we actually are.

Now - in the bigger picture marketing has many more opportunities to make more profitable returns which are being explored and utilised ................ what is the problem with that ?

Do we run a club for the neutral fan to pay one visit a season on a discounted ticket when we have a queue wanting to pay the set rate before him scenario as is the current situation ?

We fill a ground - the Hammers don't !

MOT

Okay,from me to you with love & both barrels ...............

When you offer a discount there’s no going back. As soon as you lower your price, your customer will expect to see the same thing next time or they’ll hold out until you offer another “special” - Then they won’t purchase without it !

Personally I never ever offer it when offering services except if I'm chasing new customers for a client.You don’t want to set the precedent that every time your customer buys from you then it’s at a discounted price - THAT is just bad business..........

The Rad knows his 'audience' (over 20,000) keep coming back via season ticket renewals leaving 15,000 to 'pay as you go' which they happily do at ER.So current customers showing/sharing how great the product is.People tend to believe in numbers sold so they tend to buy regardless so they don't miss out in practice as tickets selling like hot cakes means confidence is sky high 'cos the club market us 'as on the up' - which we actually are.

Now - in the bigger picture marketing has many more opportunities to make more profitable returns which are being explored and utilised ................ what is the problem with that ?

Do we run a club for the neutral fan to pay one visit a season on a discounted ticket when we have a queue wanting to pay the set rate before him scenario as is the current situation ?

We fill a ground - the Hammers don't !

MOT
    Aww, and I was thinking you didn't care!

Summing up your post.....the owner can charge as much as he likes, because he knows the loyalty of the fan base will overcome any reluctance to part with the money. Fine, but please don't spout platitudes about how much the club values its fan base (local and not so local), when there is precious little evidence of it in the actions taken.

Of course the club needs to market itself, and of course additional revenue is always welcome (although I suspect whatever is generated next year if the club does visit Oz is unlikely to fund our march to the PL ), but I respectfully disagree with the comment about discounting. There should be nothing wrong with making particular matches, or certain items of apparel (not the clearance stuff!) more affordable, on a strictly limited basis. A gesture to the loyal fans that have helped Leeds to survive when the "management" were making great efforts to spend us into oblivion is not only sensible, it would cement that loyalty even further (just what is going to happen when we get to the PL and the club reviews its pricing policy?)

And as for Hammers not filling a ground, wouldn't it be great if we had their attendance figures AND a ground that could take even more?

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/w...ed/attendances

MOT

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)