+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheism

The christian dude at my work lost his wife at 27. He told me it was parts of gods plan

That just reeks of bonkers to me.

If thats what he believes then fair enough but thats a strong belief if he thinks thats the case

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The christian dude at my work lost his wife at 27. He told me it was parts of gods plan

If thats what he believes then fair enough but thats a strong belief if he thinks thats the case
    Whatever gives him comfort I suppose but that’s a bit of a shytebags way to go through life. Removes any responsibility

If somebody approached a mid-1970s version of Pacman and asked him, "why do you waste your time and money going to watch a team like AFC, who flirt with relegation?", and you replied "because one day I believe they'll win the league and a couple of European trophies", they would have probably rightly thought you was bonkers, until sheer fortune intervened and the messianic leader arrived in 1978.

If the chap believes it's God's work that his wife has been taken from him so early, and it helps him deal with the pain, even giving him perhaps flawed (imo) reasoning why it happened, then who are we to mock his beliefs..

P.S I'm not accusing you of glory-hunting in the first paragraph...

...although on the flip side of that, people have done some majorly evil things because of their religious beliefs..
    Last edited by BogBrush1903; 14-11-2018 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Flip side thinking

Wasnt born when we won the trophies unfortunatley

He is free to believe what he want and im fine with that and anyone else who belives in a god.

I just personally find that line is crazy spik. Using that example as an example, nobody should be dead by 27

There is a bigger question than whether god exists - do we really exist? Maybe our whole universe is a hologram or a computer simulation. That would render the whole god question moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    There is a bigger question than whether god exists - do we really exist? Maybe our whole universe is a hologram or a computer simulation. That would render the whole god question moot.
    As in we are all like Rimmer

As in we are all like Rimmer
    No, it's like we're all characters in a computer game.

Theme Park?

I think that’s unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    F*cking heathens

GOD

Attachment 11095

BABY JESUS

Attachment 11096
    Exactly, and Pittodrie is my church. My mother in law used to be a church elder and often used to rebuke me for my views on god/afterlife/etc. I always said, Pittodrie is my place of worship where I can feel better (or very often worse) about myself.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast