+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: OT: Tarquin Beech the immoderate moderator

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    He'll be back (if he isn't already)
    I hope so.
    I know he isn't everyones cup of tea. But he has never done me any harm and always made me laugh.
    Believe me, I need all the laughs I can get.

I think this board is better off when nobody is getting banned. I've expressed before my personal views in favour of absolute free speech, but I'm a realist and I know that Notts MAD cannot presently allow that level of freedom within the laws of the land, even if it wanted to. Anyone who genuinely wants to be part of this football board has to accept the rules which come with it.

The strength of this board comes from the characters of all types on it, many of long standing. I genuinely like to hear from all of them, including the ones who regularly don't agree with me. I'm even amused by the occasional passing trolls, as long as they don't become gratuitously offensive. I've seen it more than once on here where posters have knocked seven bells out of each other, only to admit they've missed each other (and even enquired after their health!) when one has disappeared for a while.

Talk Notts County and football generally. Talk politics if you like. In fact, talk about any subject you think is worth raising (as long as you label it OT). Just keep the debate reasonably civilised and remember we've all got at least one thing in common: we keep logging in to communicate with each other!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Well, I'm back, having appealed successfully against the ridiculous one month ban imposed on me by the Mexican goatherd. Thank you to those few who recognised Beech's appalling attitude and supported me.
    He even lied about my ban. He said it was for calling the moderator, (i.e. him) a pig. I didn't. I called him a male chauvinist pig for a tasteless description on here of how he rogered a woman on his kitchen table. I even said this term was not an insult but an actual description.
    His lies continued. I recruited Andy and got him to post on here. Wrong. It was because he posted on here that I got in touch with Andy.
    He said that I support Hull. Wrong. I travel to Hull occasionally because it's my nearest ground.
    And then came his lies about what I said about the Trews.
    Finally he was banning me because I wasn't a Notts County supporter. Even if that was true, neither is Tricky but that doesn't mean he shouldn't post on here.
    I don't know who complained and got rid of him but Amen to that. He seems to have gone to ground. What a nasty, twisted person he is. Don't let the humour fool you, he is in Mexico for a reason.
    No further comment from me needed.
    Welcome back Sidders. It seems that the kitchen table collapsed all by itself.
    There was some nasty stuff about the poster Andy after his ban which he couldn't reply to defend himself. Any chance he get his 3-month ban overturned as well...

It seems I'm no longer banned either. Not sure what the 'nasty stuff' was, anti-clough, I guess I missed it. I'll guess that half of it was true and half wasn't.

For the record, I don't like to see anyone banned either, not even Tarkers. But I think that had to be the shortest modding spell ever on here, wasn't it? Was entirely predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    It seems I'm no longer banned either. Not sure what the 'nasty stuff' was, anti-clough, I guess I missed it. I'll guess that half of it was true and half wasn't.

For the record, I don't like to see anyone banned either, not even Tarkers. But I think that had to be the shortest modding spell ever on here, wasn't it? Was entirely predictable.
    Well I missed all the bloody drama as I was doing a real mans work but I am glad to see that Sid is still on here and goat boy isnt. Sid might be a cantankerous fart but he's a decent human being and I;m not really sure about the goat herder. Sid for moderator ???

Sid for moderator is the equivalent of letting Corbin take over the running of the country !
    If so the end is nigh !

Is this board about football? I'm beginning to have serious doubts. What a lot of bickering. Embarrassing to most true Notts fans I'm sure and very, very childish. I'll come back in a few weeks and see if it's any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Is this board about football? I'm beginning to have serious doubts. What a lot of bickering. Embarrassing to most true Notts fans I'm sure and very, very childish. I'll come back in a few weeks and see if it's any better.

Don’t hold your breath.

Yes, let's get back to football. We could even include Notts County.
    But just to conclude matters:
    1. I had no say in the banning of Mr Beech
    2. I don't agree with a lifetime ban of the aforesaid member
    3. Banning should only occur in the severest of cases
    4. Will the unpleasant 'person' who is sending me nasty PM's either shut up or have the guts to put a name to their work

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I'm not a grass and have contacts.
    Middle aged man brags about having "contacts" for a football internet forum. I'm jealous.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast