+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This sceptred isle....this England.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Frankly (and I hate starting any post with that word) I loathed Thatcher. She was a complete Philstine but she could actually lead. Since then who have we had? The galloping Major, Bliar, the dour Scot, the Toff and now hapless May. No wonder we are in a mess and waiting in the wings Jezza who is longing for a General Election so he can get into No 10 and initiate project Venezuela with his Momentum chums. No wonder I am in despair and I suspect that this will end badly whether we extricate ourselves from the EU or we end up remaining in under the oppressive yoke of Brussels.
    Agree entirely with you outwood. We need an Atlee, a Churchill or a Thatcher, someone with an iron will and an indominable spirit and I cannot see that person appearing on the horizon any time soon, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Frankly (and I hate starting any post with that word) I loathed Thatcher. She was a complete Philstine but she could actually lead. Since then who have we had? The galloping Major, Bliar, the dour Scot, the Toff and now hapless May. No wonder we are in a mess and waiting in the wings Jezza who is longing for a General Election so he can get into No 10 and initiate project Venezuela with his Momentum chums. No wonder I am in despair and I suspect that this will end badly whether we extricate ourselves from the EU or we end up remaining in under the oppressive yoke of Brussels.
    you get the politicians you deserve.

ppl who think corbyn's a commie and the EU's the fourth reich deserve the current shower at westminster.
    Last edited by footy_le_bordel; 14-11-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Critical theory one of the most evil things I have ever read. For years I thought all the lunacy and decadence was a result of forces acting in isolation and then I learned of cultural Marxism and it all made sense. We are in far bigger trouble in the West than most of us realise. A certain KGB officer in the 1980 defected and revealed all in a famous interview on U-tube if you look for it. Watching the video now it's like prophecy, as the implications of what was discussed now make sense. Civilisation and what we value is consumed bit by bit by Cultural Marxism, which is far more poisonous than economic communism. You can add political correctness and suppression of free speech, lawlessness, Drug Dependency and Post Modernism to the list above ClaretinBudapest
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 17-11-2018 at 02:52 AM.

when the Frankfurt school came about in the 20's - I think....they were just a bi-product of the manipulations and scheming that came before them and - and of the changes that were happening around them of course - and so gathered the reason....to it's obvious end - that being, of the designs vision ahead of them, what it would cause to arise....and it's inevitable point of failure/collapse - so for me....the names and blames to left and right are thrown around only to distract awareness away from from the destructive distortions of an engineered reality - and in this case...was more of an 80 year old Frankfurtian warning of what the future would look like if trusted into the hands of calculating oppressors.

The Century of the Self (Full Documentary)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s

“The systematic study of mass psychology revealed…the potentialities of invisible government of society by manipulation of the motives which actuate man in the group…[these studies] established that the group has mental characteristics distinct from those of the individual, and is motivated by impulses and emotions which cannot be explained on the basis of what we know of individual psychology. So the question naturally arose: If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?” (Propaganda, Edward Bernays 1928)

Last edited by Norder; 18-11-2018 at 02:03 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)