+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6 Months!

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    let a simpleton educate you northerners
    To be a Cockney, you have to be born within the sound of the Bow Bells, within ear shot.
    the Bow Bells are situated in Central London, Cheapside to be exact, not all Londoners are Cockneys.
    Whitechapel, Stepney, Bermondsey, some parts of Hackney etc. Cockneys.
    In football terms the only Cockneys are Millwall, not even West Ham are Cockneys.
    Google is the place to look for the history of it all

Es***red52.
    Everyone south of Watford is a cockney to me, you all sound the same and talk rubbish.

Funnily enough, even though I consider myself to be a Nottingham lad, with a mother from Notts, other family in and around Radford, Basford and Clifton, lived in Nottingham almost all my life, I was actually born at St Mary's in Paddington, where Princess Di spawned Wills and Harry, within earshot of Bow Bells and right next to Bow Bell House.

Is it possible I am probably Notts County's longest supporting true Cockney with a Royal link?

Step in time, step in time. Knees up mother Brown. Up the apples and pairs. You're having a giraffe guvnor!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Funnily enough, even though I consider myself to be a Nottingham lad, with a mother from Notts, other family in and around Radford, Basford and Clifton, lived in Nottingham almost all my life, I was actually born at St Mary's in Paddington, where Princess Di spawned Wills and Harry, within earshot of Bow Bells and right next to Bow Bell House.

Is it possible I am probably Notts County's longest supporting true Cockney with a Royal link?

Step in time, step in time. Knees up mother Brown. Up the apples and pairs. You're having a giraffe guvnor!
    Paddington, just west of Central London, sorry not Cockney my friend.
    Bow Bells is a Church in the City of London, Paddington is just outside the West End of London to the West, Cheapside is far East of the City, financial part of London.

Educating Es***!!!!

Paddington, just west of Central London, sorry not Cockney my friend.
    Bow Bells is a Church in the City of London, Paddington is just outside the West End of London to the West, Cheapside is far East of the City, financial part of London.

Educating Es***!!!!
    The hospital is just under 5 miles from the bells as the crow flies, you can hear the bells from there, honest

The hospital is just under 5 miles from the bells as the crow flies, you can hear the bells from there, honest
    nope, Google it!

nope, Google it!
    Ok, so I'm most likely the nearest thing to a cockney Magpie you can get without actually being a full blown cockney. Jeez, what is it with you florist fans, can't even let us have the smallest moment of significance without wanting to try and put us back in our place

Ok, so I'm most likely the nearest thing to a cockney Magpie you can get without actually being a full blown cockney. Jeez, what is it with you florist fans, can't even let us have the smallest moment of significance without wanting to try and put us back in our place
    been done by a red again! Life's a drag.

been done by a red again! Life's a drag.

Notts Calamity! Now the manager is sacked get ya house in order!

Bad result for you guys today, all them years as the oldest football club in the football league about to end.
    Conference North, perish the thought!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast