+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kewell no longer manager

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    What odds on Nolan (and Fletcher et al) being back by the weekend?
    Extremely long odds but you might have to check with EP. Can you really imagine Alan Hardy swallowing his pride and asking Nolan to forgive and forget? He (AH) needs only to look at the shambles left by KN to remember why he gave him the bum's rush. The job was too much for Nolan, and his new model army have been firing blanks since August, he couldn't fix it then, so what makes anyone think he could do it now?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I'm wondering if it's going to be Neal Ardley? He left Wimbledon yesterday and was there for six years and look what he did, or is it just a coincidence?

I know they've struggled this season but you've got to think how far he took them in all that time and got them promoted to where we want to go and that is League One.

I'd say he must be an automatic strong contender for the job.

I'd say knowing that then I would bank on it being him.

I think Kewells persona as much as anything has got him the boot, the "my way or the highway" method only works if you're winning.

It's total calamity, the upside is we have on paper one of the two easiest home games of the season coming up so a win with a new manager and suddenly everyone has a different perspective on the future.

Kewell, sadly, was doomed to fail. A disastrous appointment (which plenty of us were dubious about at the time!) - following an equally poor gamble on Nolan. The surprise is only giving him 10 weeks and, effectively, admitting what a bad decision it was so soon. You have to suspect that there have been some rumblings behind the scenes tbh.

I do have some sympathy for Kewell, he inherited an incredibly under prepared and poorly performing squad - he improved them & introduced Ward & Turley who are a considerable part of the reason that we managed 3 wins during his tenure. To kick him into touch at this stage implies things must have got a bit "out of hand" after Saturday's capitulation. I wish the bloke good luck and success in the future, he was the wrong appointment here in my view but he has been let down by the Club and players.

I suggested O'Driscoll or Bowyer before and would welcome either of them, (they were not interested before by all accounts), but Appletion & Ardley seem to be the favourites - either of whom are both eminently more suitable for our plight than either of the last 2 appointments.

What a circus, what an absolute shambles we really are.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I'd say knowing that then I would bank on it being him.

I think Kewells persona as much as anything has got him the boot, the "my way or the highway" method only works if you're winning.

It's total calamity, the upside is we have on paper one of the two easiest home games of the season coming up so a win with a new manager and suddenly everyone has a different perspective on the future.
    I agree. It can't be due to results, given that when he took over we were bottom of the league and winless. I suspect Kewell has fallen out with most of the playing staff, and perhaps senior figures as well. He seems to have that small-man syndrome where he constantly overcompensates, trying to look like an authority figure, when in reality he isn't. Shame really, but AH is to blame for bringing someone like that into the club in the first place.

Honestly, what a ridiculous club we are.

You would think someone like Ardley would be just the manager we need at Notts, however you just know if anyone could ruin him, Notts could.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Extremely long odds but you might have to check with EP.
    Only a couple of bookies offering odds, just the usual list of names at the moment:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...manent-manager

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    That's me. Old and struggling but with loads of confidence.

Do I get the job?

After me

Absolutely shocked. Why employ him in the first place if you're going to be as fickle as that.

“I enjoyed seeing first-hand his love for the job and it gives me absolutely no pleasure to take that away from him.''

It takes more than 14 games to turn a 92nd place team around, so he better have good reasons...
    Away to Barnsley was never going to be a good draw! I hope that wasn't a factor

I'm also hoping for a decisive appointment of a better option already lined up, rather than a trawl for candidates and the usual interview baloney

This is exactly what Trew started doing sacking managers quickly its ok everyone saying he wasn't any good what if the next man has the same record as Kewell after 11 games do we sack him too ?

I wouldn't be surprised to see us have 4 managers this season we are a complete joke of a club and what manager with any kind of rep would want to come here ?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

It takes more than 14 games to turn a 92nd place team around, so he better have good reasons...
    It takes more than 14 games...? We had turned it round when we won three on the trot and moved half a dozen places up the league, but lose three on the trot and we're back down again. We only had to win or draw more than we lost and we would be comfortable now. However, start losing again and down you go - it doesn't take 14 games to move either way. That's the way league positions work.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast