+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kewell no longer manager

It's been at least a few days since AH last got a bit of press, what else is a man supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I sincerely hope that this decision has been made because someone else has become available with a view to preparing for January.

Although the last home game I went to it all felt a bit Fullertonesq. I was never happy about the appointment personally, but I am somewhat surprised at the timing.

This squad has cost two managers their jobs and we are not halfway into the season. Hopefully the next manager can stop them from costing him his job.
    This^^^ Neil Ardley???

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Al surely must have someone lined up and that's the reason? No great fan of Kewell meself but I never expected his sacking, (not just yet anyway). What the flurk is going on???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46192363
    It won't be Harry Redknapp - he's heading for the jungle.

Doesn't seem ideal timing but maybe Steve Chettle can get us a win on Saturday and give us a bit of breathing space.

What odds on Nolan (and Fletcher et al) being back by the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    What odds on Nolan (and Fletcher et al) being back by the weekend?
    I'm wondering if it's going to be Neal Ardley? He left Wimbledon yesterday and was there for six years and look what he did, or is it just a coincidence?

I know they've struggled this season but you've got to think how far he took them in all that time and got them promoted to where we want to go and that is League One.

I'd say he must be an automatic strong contender for the job.

According to Leigh Curtis Michael Appleton and Neal Ardley are the front runners for the managers job.

Appleton looks to have a good cv.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-frame-2214975

I hope AH has learned that a novice manager (Chettle?) is riskier than one with a year's experience and that one is even riskier than a proven one who would demand a more expensive contract. I'm not saying risks never work but we should be looking at someone who's been there, done that and hasn't just lost his job. There is still a lot of kudos in managing the oldest...etc., and we are sitting at the blunt end of the old fourth division. It could attract someone with the confidence to manage a club that's old and struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    It could attract someone with the confidence to manage a club that's old and struggling.

That's me. Old and struggling but with loads of confidence.

Do I get the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    According to Leigh Curtis Michael Appleton and Neal Ardley are the front runners for the managers job.

Appleton looks to have a good cv.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-frame-2214975
    I'd hope it's Ardley out of those two. Appleton is neither unproven nor proven, he's worked for some decent clubs but not a proven lower league promotion getter which is what we need.

Steve Chettle takes charge tomorrow night v Doncaster.

His team selection will be interesting even though most of us hate the competition.

https://twitter.com/bbcrns
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 13-11-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast