+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kewell no longer manager

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Nolan is only 10/1 with Skybet. Surely we wouldn't 'do a Milsom' twice in one season?
    I think people are forgetting how bad we started the season, sure we're bad now but at least our fitness has improved a lot! I'd say go for Appleton, he certainly sets an example fitness wise, Oxford played good attacking football and he seems a good fit

That would seal our fate for absolute certain! Nolan is a spent force - well, he was never a force, just spent tbh.

If he returns there will be a lot of fans who don't!

Not a snowball's tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    It takes more than 14 games...? We had turned it round when we won three on the trot and moved half a dozen places up the league, but lose three on the trot and we're back down again. We only had to win or draw more than we lost and we would be comfortable now. However, start losing again and down you go - it doesn't take 14 games to move either way. That's the way league positions work.
    Get real. It's highly likely for the 92nd place team with 1pt from 15 under Nolan to go on another losing run before too long. For a period as short as 14 games, take the measure from the starting point.

''lose three on the trot and we're back down again.''
    Jesus wept, hardly anyone would see out a season if that's what warranted a sacking.

Nolan's league record was W0 D1 L4
    Kewell W3 D3 L4
    It can't be just 'results', it's got to be something more besides.
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 13-11-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Get real. It's highly likely for the 92nd place team with 1pt from 15 under Nolan to go on another losing run before too long. For a period as short as 14 games, take the measure from the starting point.

Jesus wept, hardly anyone would see out a season if that's what warranted a sacking.

Kewell W3 D3 L4
    HK refuses to exceed the speed limit whilst driving AH around so AH missed his kid's game as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    HK refuses to exceed the speed limit whilst driving AH around so AH missed his kid's game as a result.
    Nice one.
    Yeah, maybe there was no personal chemistry between the two and Hardy's not going to enjoy that. Maybe he missed the 'Ah eh, Alan lad' he got from KN. 'G'day mate' probably didn't go down as well.

I think there was something going off behind the scenes that caused an issue. The line ups were bizarre, and the subs bench offered no options to change things around with. Would imagine Hardy has seen the apathy towards the team and the anger from the fans and acted quickly to turn the season around. Let's face it, a successful season will be mid table this year but a strong finish sets up nicely for next year

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Steve Chettle takes charge tomorrow night v Doncaster.

His team selection will be interesting even though most of us hate the competition.

https://twitter.com/bbcrns
    Surprised he could fit it in with weddings and holidays to attend..About as inspiring as a cold coffee

Nice one.
    Yeah, maybe there was no personal chemistry between the two and Hardy's not going to enjoy that. Maybe he missed the 'Ah eh, Alan lad' he got from KN. 'G'day mate' probably didn't go down as well.
    Or he missed keep your chin up Alan, but which one?

A lot of money has been spent on this squad so I can understand Alan Hardy frustration. Perhaps this time he will look to a proven manager at this level, and not one that impresses at an interview.

Kewell W3 D3 L4
    Your strawman argument is blinkered whitewash, don't try and make out I said anything I didn't, keep it to yourself.

I didn't mention any names nor did I say anything about a sacking. Sod the starting point, it's four**** games that was mentioned, and not by me first, four**** games and the points won or lost anywhere in the season can mean the difference between the champions, the also-rans, and the relegated.

Get real yourself.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast