+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Kewell no longer manager

Yes i guess your right lol

You just cant reason with some people,. if you showed them something was black, they would argue it was white

Anyway HK gone and i am glad, he only lasted 11 games, Lets hope we choose a good manager this time

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Give it a rest Davy - Kewell had to work with the assorted tripe that your mate saddled us with.

Nolan is amongst the poorest managers we have had to endure in the past 25 years - and there have been some shockers. His idea of a decent footballer, tactical awareness and general approach is about 20 years out of date. Having spent a career playing for another big headed dinosaur, Allardyce, it is hardly surprising but it remains the truth. So, sorry Kevin, err Davy but Kewell, whatever his limitations, did manage to improve the sorry pile of rubish he inherited and got us off bottom slot.
    Not always your biggest fan Pies4u BUT you've nailed it with this post.

Davy is obviously just a kid so let him run his mouth off for a bit and put it down to the folly of youth ...

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Not always your biggest fan Pies4u BUT you've nailed it with this post.

Davy is obviously just a kid so let him run his mouth off for a bit and put it down to the folly of youth ...

Exactly, I bet Davy voted remain.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Like you said elsewhere - 1% football-related, the rest crap.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Another Kewell supporter

So what did nolan have to work with when he arrived ,oh yeah 10 defeats on the run

And its the same when the new manager comes in, he will have too start in a bad position

Actually i voted to come out

This reminds of way back in 1995 when Mick walker was sacked after a handfull of games, and the reason given a bad run of results stopped us getting in play offs the previous season ( similar to reason given to sack Nolan) we finished 7th i think in what is now championship

Walker was sacked, and i think we had 3 or 4 managers that season , including the alke Howard Kendell

It ended with us being bottom, and relegated. Never to return to the second tier

Lets hope history does not repeat itself

This is totally ****** ridiculous. Not particularly a fan of poor HK, but what the hell is he supposed to do? He inherited a pi55 poor squad with absolutely no room for manoeuvre.

We are gratetful AH, but you are making yourself a complete idiot.

Absurd beyond belief that nolan is one of the poorest managers in the last 25 years

Nolan got us to the play offs for the First time in 22 years

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Another Kewell supporter

So what did nolan have to work with when he arrived ,oh yeah 10 defeats on the run

And its the same when the new manager comes in, he will have too start in a bad position

Actually i voted to come out

This reminds of way back in 1995 when Mick walker was sacked after a handfull of games, and the reason given a bad run of results stopped us getting in play offs the previous season ( similar to reason given to sack Nolan) we finished 7th i think in what is now championship

Walker was sacked, and i think we had 3 or 4 managers that season , including the alke Howard Kendell

It ended with us being bottom, and relegated. Never to return to the second tier

Lets hope history does not repeat itself
    Walker bought Jemson and Emenalo that close season. Hope this helps.

I remember it being said that Mick Walker was sacked because of the general lack of discipline around the club, which alarmed Derek Pavis, reinforced and compounded by the events around Martin Kuhl. As I've said before on here, I attended the opening pre-season friendly that season at a club called Armitage (now defunct) and I thought the atmosphere between players and management looked surprisingly slack, even for a pre-season game, so it didn't surprise me that the players seemed to start the season looking unfit, and that things panned out the way they did.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I remember it being said that Mick Walker was sacked because of the general lack of discipline around the club, which alarmed Derek Pavis, reinforced and compounded by the events around Martin Kuhl. As I've said before on here, I attended the opening pre-season friendly that season at a club called Armitage (now defunct) and I thought the atmosphere between players and management looked surprisingly slack, even for a pre-season game, so it didn't surprise me that the players seemed to start the season looking unfit, and that things panned out the way they did.
    I remember going to Carlton Wakes that year and Walker was there. People were openly saying to him, shouldn't you be out scouting players. I didn't see him as any great managerial hope that we lost, as evidenced by what he's done since. He just rode Warnock's momentum for a while.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast