+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Kewell no longer manager

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Piss off Kewell you were absolute garbage I hope we never hear about him again what an utter waste of a season.
    Crikey! Nothing like a dignified response - and that is nothing like a dignified response.

Wrong appointment, disappointing performance but no need for that sort of comment.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yes, I should've realised you were saying absolutely nothing.
    Surprised you chose to pick me up on "absolutely nothing", then.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    You would think someone like Ardley would be just the manager we need at Notts, however you just know if anyone could ruin him, Notts could.
    Lol great post ncfcog

Just back from work and reading this thread there is only one conclusion:

What an absolute fcuking joke this club is !!

So when is the 'Hardy OUT' campaign starting?

Personally, I won't be joining in because past experience has shown that there won't be too many takers for servicing the, QUOTE, "blackhole" that is Notts County FC...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon CTFC View Post
    Good news is that all doors at Notts County can be returned to their normal size now you don't need to accommodate his big head and over sized ego.
    Not quite. Before Kewell, they had already been enlarged to 'massive ego size' for our owner.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    I see Noble has already posted that.Hardy in charge

I would not be too bothered at what knob head Noble had to say.

I would have waited until we played Cheltenham, Carlisle and Morecambe. They will been crucial games and dare I say, better to have a coach/manager in place rather than a caretaker or somebody new. Any less than 4 points and I would have fired the bullet then.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Rumour on Twitter is that Stead and Hemmings weren't injured and Stead was training with the youth team, seems to have been a major falling out somewhere

In other rumours, it appears Big Al has bought Southglade park from the local council???

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    In other rumours, it appears Big Al has bought Southglade park from the local council???
    To convert into a racing track? Missing his adrenaline rush from speeding already?

I generally post in support of Alan Hardy but he's trying my patience with this call. There's no doubt that this seriously undermines his credibility from a football judgement perspective, no matter which way you look at it.

There were many raised eyebrows when he pursued Harry Kewell with such determination in the first place and many who will now say "told you so", but Alan ignored the sceptics and 'big upped' his chosen man, so it's frankly ridiculous to give him only ten weeks to prove his worth. If you're going to trust your own judgement, at least do it for a bit longer than this.

Kewell's record wasn't great, but put it this way, he won three more league games than Sam Allardyce in his first ten weeks as manager, so it's nonsense to write him off as a bad manager in that space of time. I was one of those who had some doubts about Kewell's appointment, and I was very disappointed with the last three or four performances, but not to the point of calling for his head at this stage. My feeling was that he needed to get a result against either Cheltenham or Morecambe and then we would see where things went from there.

If Alan Hardy isn't careful, he's going to wander blindly into Ray Trew territory, hiring and firing managers every few months to the point where people start saying (with some justification) that the real problem is the guy making the appointments. This will then lead to progressively more fractious relationships with supporters, accentuated when the owner is so open through social media, which can only further skew his judgement and eventually leave him as bitter and detached as Ray Trew ultimately became.

Alan needs to choose his next manager very carefully, and when he's picked him, he should get the hell off Twitter and whatever other social media he uses, batten down the hatches and give the guy a proper amount of time to do his job. If he's looking for guarantees of staying up, he won't find them through repeatedly changing managers. There are no guarantees. You need to make a decision and commit to it.

Given our history with managers before Hardy arrived, which seems to be continuing, we're beginning to look like one of those (strangely often Italian-owned) joke clubs who dismiss their managers every two months and get laughed at by everyone else.
    Last edited by jackal2; 13-11-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast