+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Appleton

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I know this will be laughed out of court but right now i'd be very happy with Charlie McP
    Yep, spot on. Probably the next most ludicrous suggestion after Nolan.

I suspect many floating fans have just about had enough Notts, making an appointment like
    Mc Parland would drive a few more over the edge. He is up there with Brazil, Ince, Kiwomya, Lloyd et al - absolute dross.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    What has Gary Bowyer done? He has 2 decent stints as a manager at Blackburn and Blackpool with win % of 35%... is that really a percentage we want? Nolan was at a smidge under 42% at Notts and was sacked. So what’s the appeal?
    Appleton has managed the same two teams with a far worse record (26% and 16% respectively). He also looks a very angry man.

Portsmouth were relegated from the Championship at the end of the 2011–12 season

After his resignation, he became the shortest-serving Blackpool manager in their history, with just eleven League games under his belt.

Appleton's tenure at Blackburn lasted 67 days, two days more than his tenure at Blackpool.

Actually, his record is fecking scary ... and, for that reason, Alan Hardy will appoint him.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 13-11-2018 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I know this will be laughed out of court but right now i'd be very happy with Charlie McP
    Laughed out of court? I've not only lmao, I've lmfao, and lold and rofld many times (as us kids say). Whoever the next manager is, even if he's only short term as usual, his main quality has to be motivation. Even though this squad is limited, I don't think it's as bad as 22nd in League 2. When you look for a manager capable of motivating a team, McParland is the first name you would cross off your list.

Based on stats alone, out of the 3 being mentioned, Appleton, Bowyer and Hurst, there can only be one choice.... Mr Hurst, who has a career average of 49% win ratio, which also takes in to account his ill fated stint at Ipswich. If it’s any of these 3 it has to be Hurst.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    When you look for a manager capable of motivating a team, McParland is the first name you would cross off your list.
    There is always a sentimental attachment to old managers amongst Notts fans ... Derry, Nolan, McParland, shall we bring back Fullarton? But Appleton is the first on my list to cross off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Appleton has managed the same two teams with a far worse record (26% and 16% respectively). He also looks a very angry man.

Portsmouth were relegated from the Championship at the end of the 2011–12 season

After his resignation, he became the shortest-serving Blackpool manager in their history, with just eleven League games under his belt.

Appleton's tenure at Blackburn lasted 67 days, two days more than his tenure at Blackpool.

Actually, his record is fecking scary.
    My sentiments too. He's one of a little band of managers who continually get talked up and linked with vacancies without having much (if anything) in their record to back up the reputation they seem to enjoy in the game. It's often said that Appleton is a "great coach", but there's nothing in his managerial record to get especially excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Based on stats alone, out of the 3 being mentioned, Appleton, Bowyer and Hurst, there can only be one choice.... Mr Hurst, who has a career average of 49% win ratio, which also takes in to account his ill fated stint at Ipswich. If it’s any of these 3 it has to be Hurst.
    Agreed Notts, but as I said in another thread Shrewsbury just sacked their manager too so I fully expect him to go back there... I hope I am wrong and he ends up down the lane.

Quote Originally Posted by NTT20Pod View Post
    Would be a fantastic appointment for Notts.

A few weeks ago he outlined his philosophies in terms of playing and recruitment and his desire to get back into management in an interview we recorded. If he is the man to replace Kewell, this might be interesting to listen to!

https://soundcloud.com/ntt20pod/ntt2...chael-appleton
    Welcome Michael....

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

Actually, his record is fecking scary ... and, for that reason, Alan Hardy will appoint him.
    Let's face it, all three of those teams (Portsmouth at the time, not now) are basket cases of clubs, I don't think you can take those results as a good indication of success. Of course Bowyer would be first choice with his record but he's having a break. Appleton did very well with Oxford who I'd argue are a similar sized club to us so I don't think he'd be a bad appointment

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Gary Bowyer
    I think he said he was not interested in the position.
    So if that was true forget him,
    so who else would you suggest for the Job ??

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast