+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Appleton

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Appleton has managed the same two teams with a far worse record (26% and 16% respectively). He also looks a very angry man.

Portsmouth were relegated from the Championship at the end of the 2011–12 season

After his resignation, he became the shortest-serving Blackpool manager in their history, with just eleven League games under his belt.

Appleton's tenure at Blackburn lasted 67 days, two days more than his tenure at Blackpool.

Actually, his record is fecking scary ... and, for that reason, Alan Hardy will appoint him.
    Agree with this, Appleton seems like somebody who interviews well, uses all the buzzwords chairmen like to hear but hasn't really done anything of note in his career.

He's neither an unknown quantity who could be the next big thing nor a proven successful manager. He's just meh.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    That’s me Elite - Charlie is the man
    If we also have a vacancy for a programme seller, I'm with you.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    And why would you think that Elite? You can mind read now?
    I can't read minds, but I do have a good record of linking banned posters to new usernames!

Whoops.

McCulloch has said no to all suggestions from what I can see, has been asked for who she wants, and doesn’t provide an answer. G

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I can't read minds, but I do have a good record of linking banned posters to new usernames!
    And that adds up to what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Agree with this, Appleton seems like somebody who interviews well, uses all the buzzwords chairmen like to hear but hasn't really done anything of note in his career.

He's neither an unknown quantity who could be the next big thing nor a proven successful manager. He's just meh.
    Seems to be a real theme of ignoring Appleton's last managerial job, how successful he was on the pitch, in the players he signed and sold (Roofe, Lundstram etc), how much life he breathed into a club that needed it and, crucially, winning promotion from League Two, followed with an 8th placed finish in League One.

More focus being put on win percentage records at clubs who were all sliding down the leagues with chaotic ownership and no stability - a bit odd!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Whoops.

McCulloch has said no to all suggestions from what I can see, has been asked for who she wants, and doesn’t provide an answer. G
    My choice would be Graham Alexander .... there you go 78 ....

or Gareth Ainsworth if he could be enticed from Wycombe

Be sensible. Why on God’s Earth would he leave Salford for us? That’s right, we are the Oldest League Team. Well he is on the verge of writing his own history, taking Salford to the EFL.

Interesting shout, doing very well at or nemesis, Salford City, (happy, happy memories!).

Don't think there is any chance though. Salford are minted with ex Man Utd players' dosh and they look like they will be taking our league place pretty soon.

If Gary Bowyer has had a change of heart he's the man. He's worked with one of the most toxic chairmen / board of directors in football and succeeded i.e the Oyston mafia at Blackpool !

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast