+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Richard Scudamore

Surprise,surprise.

Buck, who has been leading the search for Scudamore's replacement alongside Leicester chief executive Susan Whelan and Burnley chairman Mike Garlick, is known to have forged a close personal friendship with Scudamore since becoming Chelsea chairman 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Scudamore is about to retire and Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck, who is a mate of Scudamore, thinks that every Prem club should chip in £250K to give him a £5M retirement gift.
    Scudamore has been earning £2.5M per year apparently.

Should we stump up?

A massive "no" from me. The organisation should be giving more money to the lower leagues clubs who really need it, not to a bloke who quite obviously doesn't.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46197761
    A massive no from me too. No surprise that Chelsea Chairman Buck should make this proposal but how does Scudamore trousering a £5 million retirement gift benefit football? BFC should say we will make a £250,000 contribution to grass roots football instead.

Nice to see that Burnley are one of the five clubs refusing to pay this money to the already multi millionaire Cnut.. Well done to them..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Nice to see that Burnley are one of the five clubs refusing to pay this money to the already multi millionaire Cnut.. Well done to them..
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46221020

I hope Alf we are indeed one of the 5 dissenting clubs. I would be wholly in favour of us paying £250,000 instead towards grass roots football.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46221020

I hope Alf we are indeed one of the 5 dissenting clubs. I would be wholly in favour of us paying £250,000 instead towards grass roots football.
    I don't see how we can avoid paying the money if it has been voted for ---after all, it was a democratic vote and not like Brexit!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I don't see how we can avoid paying the money if it has been voted for ---after all, it was a democratic vote and not like Brexit!
    The fat just keep getting on fatter in the Premier League Supersub.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    The fat just keep getting on fatter in the Premier League Supersub.
    He did not ask for the parting gift as far as I know, however, he will receive it over the next three years from all accounts.
    My question is: Will the relegated clubs this season pay the full amount or will it be split between those going down and those coming up?
    As you say, outwood, the fat just keep getting fatter and will continue to do so.

I see that they have been very crafty and had the dissenting clubs over a barrel by saying that the payment would be made because he would be available in a consultancy role as and when he was needed. In other words, the clubs had no option!

Disgusted with all of this,especially with Burnleys end statement of "No further comment" arrogant cnuts ..

alf--The Club have issued a statement saying exactly how the PL have done things and I can't see that there is any further comment to make.
    I disagree with the payment, however, I can see how Buck, who is Chairman of the Audit and Remuneration Committee and whoever else who is on that committee, have devised a method to pay his mate this ludicrous sum of money.
    From what I have seen, there are lots of fans from lots of clubs who are against this, however, there is no point in pursuing it further because if has been decreed by the PL that all member clubs must pay and we are a member club. What else is there to say?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)