+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would Defeat to Newcastle put Dyche's Job in Serious jeopardy???

Would Defeat to Newcastle put Dyche's Job in Serious jeopardy???

Just been thinking about this given that Jokanovic at Fulham has just been sacked after only 1 win in 12. We only have 1 win more. Granted they have spent a damn sight more than us, but defeat to Newcastle would be no win in 6 games? Would be interesting to get the thoughts of others on this??

I think the Board would stick with Dyche. We went down with him before and then bounced straight back up.

The financial implications of relegation are not too onerous, but I wonder when Dyche himself will call time on his stay at Turf Moor?

Given the fact that he has just brought his mate Steve Stone in, SD's departure does not look to be imminent to me.

Anyway, we will beat Newcastle.

Fulham have gone overboard with spending too much on players and wanting instant results when in reality they need time to bed in, Jokanovic has not been given this time and I'm not surprised that he's been sacked by an eager unrealistic Fulham Board.

A lot of owners/Chairmen have had trigger fingers with the sacking of Managers who IMO have no right to own or be in charge of a Football Club.

Our Board and Sean Dyche are a conundrum to me, They give him a hefty pay rise for all his work yet fail to back his team to remain in the money league

I doubt they will sack Dyche, IMO its whether Dyche wants to stay with all the mess of another transfer window with what seems an inadequate negotiating team and not being given enough money for better players.

Quote Originally Posted by CornholmeClaret View Post
    Just been thinking about this given that Jokanovic at Fulham has just been sacked after only 1 win in 12. We only have 1 win more. Granted they have spent a damn sight more than us, but defeat to Newcastle would be no win in 6 games? Would be interesting to get the thoughts of others on this??
    SD will never be sacked by Burnley.

That would be an admission that they got it wrong and the Board never admits failure.

Especially as SD would have to explain why he left to the general public.

Anyway, having gone up and been relegated under SD once before whats twice to worry about?

As to whether SD would leave-what's to be gained?

Leave a club bound for relegation (twice) and your credentials aren't that strong.

And leave for where?

No other Prem club would loo at him-they only look at Foreigners.

Leave to be a a number 2 somewhere else. Nah! Too menial.

Go to a Champ club?

Maybe, but that's not going upwards, is it?

No--a classic Mexican stand off. Not even a stare down.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Board and Sean Dyche are a conundrum to me, They give him a hefty pay rise for all his work yet fail to back his team to remain in the money league...
    I think it makes perfect sense; my opinion has always been, that this was a smart/shrewd decision by the Board and I'm fairly sure that I posted similar shortly before SD got the extended/big money contract:
    Burnley run a tight-ship with regard to players wages, even more so at the time of SD's pay hike, so it was difficult to attract top players without lifting that salary ceiling (similar story still?) because once you offer player 'X' 20% or perhaps 30% above that salary cap to entice him into joining the club (Jay-Rod?), then players A to W who are already on the books are all going to want a pay rise too. As they were the players that'd got us into a position where we could perhaps afford to pay more, then I don't think that'd be an unreasonable demand on their part.
    However, SD had shown that he could get BFC into and remain in the EPL only using players within the salary cap. So it's much cheaper in the grand scheme to pay SD a salary that makes it harder for any rival club to 'poach' him from us and has no 'knock-on' effect within the club, than it would be to pay the whole playing squad an average of say 20% more to enable A N Other manager to achieve a similar result.

Beat Newcastle or not, Dyche's job won't be under threat. The Board are quite relaxed about relegation, they're relaxed about Sean as well, they know he can get us back up.

The factors that determine SD future. The result would not be an issue if it could be seen the team put in a shift and played well. However, the Board might have a different view so I don't think the pressure would come from the fans but could come from the board. And although I think we have played to negatively at times and SD has not been brave enough at times with the difficult decisions I do think we have the best manager we could possibly have. As supporters we must show support for SD as he has brought us relative success. Keep the faith.

Well said Lancaster!

Where abouts in Lancaster do you live?

I live in Morecambe.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)