+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The greed league

The greed league

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46197761

A knighthood to follow surely
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 13-11-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Classic case of looking after your own.

Said before in earlier post football is corrupt and stinks from top to bottom and as long as TV companies keep feeding the hungry monster it has become who knows what's going to happen to OUR game

And they've hired an American woman from Animal planet to replace him.
    Ticks a few boxes I suppose, even if she knows nothing about football.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Said before in earlier post football is corrupt and stinks from top to bottom and as long as TV companies keep feeding the hungry monster it has become who knows what's going to happen to OUR game
    Nowt to do with the people feeding the TV companies in order to fuel the deals? I’ve often wondered how many people who complain about the Prem have Sky Sports subscriptions or happily visit pubs that do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    And they've hired an American woman from Animal planet to replace him.
    Ticks a few boxes I suppose, even if she knows nothing about football.
    Football is now a media business, hence the jobs for media savvy people.

Who said people feeding the tv companies I said tv companies feeding the hungry monster AKA prem

Nobody said anything about people feeding the TV companies - that's my point.

The only reason that TV companies buy the Prem product is because there are people and pubs who are willing to then buy that product with their Sky Sports etc. subscriptions.

Anybody who likes to spend an afternoon watching the Manchester derby, or whatever, is helping to feed the beast. It's the money they hand over that is ultimately making its way to the likes of Scudamore's pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Nobody said anything about people feeding the TV companies - that's my point.

The only reason that TV companies buy the Prem product is because there are people and pubs who are willing to then buy that product with their Sky Sports etc. subscriptions.

Anybody who likes to spend an afternoon watching the Manchester derby, or whatever, is helping to feed the beast. It's the money they hand over that is ultimately making its way to the likes of Scudamore's pocket.
    I'm guilty then your honour

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast