+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The greed league

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Agree Dooali. I can't grasp the new owners motives if they aren't going after promotion to the Premier League. They can't be interested in our business model because they already have billions in the bank. What do they need the millions for?

Unless it's for something more sinister like wanting to secure the land Oakwell is built on and area around it. Then promotion to the Premiership is the only other option.

Why would you want a club that yo-yo's between league 1 and the Championship? There's no prestige there.

SBRed might be reight. There is sumat that dunt sit reight about it all. However, whilst results on the pitch are good and there is nothing too drastic going off behind the scenes. (Early signs are good). I'm happy to put my scepticism to one side.
    The new owners don't want to put any of their own money into BFC [-We will not do anything crazy]
    They don't seem keen [what an understatement] on getting us promotion by any other route than buying cheap with a future sell on profit
    All under the guise of slowly building. The policy of slowly building is seriously flawed as during the time you are slowly building your best players have been sold only to repeat the cycle of bringing in some cheaper replacements
    Time is not on your side in this scenario
    So if football ambition is not the aim there is only one other explanation as to why they're here
    I'll leave it there

Let's all go to tesco
    Let's all go to tesco

rah rah rah

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We are also beneficiaries when you think about it , without the global success of the PL would we have the owners we have today ?

Look at the amount of money we've seen come in to the club through player sales , a contentious subject but none the less it's a fact .

We when I was growing up we were just a small run of the mill lower tier club , we are a bigger club today , take a look around Oakwell compared to the 70's , look at the stadium , academy and the facilities as a comparison .

In the 70's Peterborough were buying our best midfield player now we buy off clubs of that size and don't even think about it .

The level of football we expect to compete it is higher than it once was , 3rd tier was acceptable and now it isn't .

We've hitched a ride on this PL thing too when you look at it pragmatically .

«* we were just a small run of the mill lower tier club*» no change there then

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I don't make daft predictions but we've never been in a better position to have a stab at getting back to the Premier League since 99/00 play-off final that's even factoring in that we're in league 1 now.

Look at Man City, Leicester, Norwich and Southampton. If you get on that upward trajectory on and off the pitch it works wonders.

You’re comparing Barnsley with Man City, Leicester etc. !

Are you all deluded on here ?

A see tha back ageeun Calvin ( as in Calvin Klein Obsession ) tha luvvs us admit it , you seemed to think you were comparable with Citeh or Newcastle , do you think that now ? Regards av moved on to a bigger club , "Jan Fjortoft " choww on that nomark

Scudamore gets his £5mill bonus over 3 years for quote ( in recognition of his outstanding work) and still remains with premier league in an advisory capacity now that's taking p#ss

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123