So I have just heard on the radio that all premier league clubs have been asked to contribute £250.000 each so that the league can buy Scudamore a £ 5 million leaving gift. So that's what season ticket revenues are used for? Bet Bournemouth supporters love the idea of each one kicking in £ 25 for this guy who they have undoubtedly never met.

Thoughts?

Mine - its a disgrace, symptomatic of a sick society. Sure he has made a lot of money for these clubs (and/or others) during the greed league era,but he has also been paid handsomely for this already as hes on about 2.5 million a year at the moment.

I would suggest that a nice clock perhaps. Perhaps Big Ben for that money.

All right thinking football fans should protest at this disgraceful act of opulence and self indulgence. He doesn't need the cash and its another sickening example of how football has lost touch with its roots. I hope he has the decency to give it to charity.

Its also interesting to note that hiss successor is Mrs Discovery Animal Planet. Not doubting her skills, just a surprising choice given that these things tend to end up as sinecures for the "next man standing" under Buggins Law.