+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Richard Scudamore

Richard Scudamore

So I have just heard on the radio that all premier league clubs have been asked to contribute £250.000 each so that the league can buy Scudamore a £ 5 million leaving gift. So that's what season ticket revenues are used for? Bet Bournemouth supporters love the idea of each one kicking in £ 25 for this guy who they have undoubtedly never met.

Thoughts?

Mine - its a disgrace, symptomatic of a sick society. Sure he has made a lot of money for these clubs (and/or others) during the greed league era,but he has also been paid handsomely for this already as hes on about 2.5 million a year at the moment.

I would suggest that a nice clock perhaps. Perhaps Big Ben for that money.

All right thinking football fans should protest at this disgraceful act of opulence and self indulgence. He doesn't need the cash and its another sickening example of how football has lost touch with its roots. I hope he has the decency to give it to charity.

Its also interesting to note that hiss successor is Mrs Discovery Animal Planet. Not doubting her skills, just a surprising choice given that these things tend to end up as sinecures for the "next man standing" under Buggins Law.

A huge case of urine extraction.

This is why I've not knowingly watched a Prem game since its inception. No greater protest possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    This is why I've not knowingly watched a Prem game since its inception. No greater protest possible.
    Really? I’m confused, sympathise with the sentiment, but...a) how do you ‘unknowingly’ watch one? b) so you never even watched Derby? c) and you can’t want us to go up?

I’m 100% with GP’s comment. Outrageous!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Really? I’m confused, sympathise with the sentiment, but...a) how do you ‘unknowingly’ watch one? b) so you never even watched Derby? c) and you can’t want us to go up?

I’m 100% with GP’s comment. Outrageous!
    a) I mean I don't even watch it on telly. Coincidentally I paid for my still-at-21-and23-dependants to watch City v. United on Now TV on Sunday but watched the GP myself

b) Derby games excepted

c) Yes I can, Derby trumps all

...and you thought my stance on Brexit was complex!

Seriously, I've heard a million people over the years threatening to stop watching footy (or, actually, also F1) either because they would be lining Murdoch's pockets, because the players were paid too much or because the Prem was one of those million, difference is I acted on it. That's why I seldom comment on any Prem-related discussions, I defer to those who actually watch

a) I mean I don't even watch it on telly. Coincidentally I paid for my still-at-21-and23-dependants to watch City v. United on Now TV on Sunday but watched the GP myself

b) Derby games excepted

c) Yes I can, Derby trumps all

...and you thought my stance on Brexit was complex!

Seriously, I've heard a million people over the years threatening to stop watching footy (or, actually, also F1) either because they would be lining Murdoch's pockets, because the players were paid too much or because the Prem was one of those million, difference is I acted on it. That's why I seldom comment on any Prem-related discussions, I defer to those who actually watch
    I’m sure those in receipt of the money you spent on City v United will think twice knowing you only paid for it but refused to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’m sure those in receipt of the money you spent on City v United will think twice knowing you paid for it but refused to watch.
    ....which I just calcd would pay Rahim Sterling for 16 seconds....

....which I just calcd would pay Rahim Sterling for 16 seconds....
    Yep...well put. Football’s lost touch hasn’t it? Maybe Sterling could pay for Mr. Scudamore’s present out of his next half time earnings.

I'm with Andy, can't remember when I last watched a Premier league game. As a sky sports subscriber (as my oldest is an Arsenal fan) I have found myself watching drone racing, women's cricket and darts in preference to a PL game. I would draw the line at F1 though!!

In defence of F1/motorsport, in respect of the finances at least (not the entertainment angle), the ‘players’ (drivers) income demographic slides down the slippery slope waaaay faster than footy

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)