+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tonight’s Game

Tonight’s Game

Very important game for the club tonight another defeat this evening will do catastrophic damage to the already fragile confidence to the team. I also am sensing that the pressure is getting to Dave Artell as well,
    the cracks are starting to show, he can’t help but notice the axe falling on managers in the lower leagues at present. I can’t see anything other than another defeat tonight in front of a very low crowd, I am going for 1-3 tonight. To try and arrest the slide I would go with

Richards
    Whelan
    Pickering
    Nolan
    Hunt
    NG
    Wintle
    Jones
    Kirk
    Bowery
    Reilly

My thoughts. Only a win in normal time, that is. Sorry, but many of us are fed up with this competition that has been ruined by the introduction of those rich big boys from the PL. So message to all Football League Clubs..... if you know what is good for you, next time you get the chance, vote against it and bring it back as it was..... solely for the L1 and 2 clubs. Our Cup, not theirs. From a stay away fan in this cup. See you on Saturday.

Well can anybody take any positives from yet another home defeat tonight ? The only thing that would brighten my mood is Artells resignation or sacking not fussed which.

We scored a GOAL

I strongly agree that the competition has been devalued and clubs/fans need to push back. Well, Bowery did score and Crewe managed to gift a result to a team with no manager and little confidence. Crewe has a good track record of doing this - not won this season or on a bad run? Don't worry, Crewe will gift a victory - repeat ad nauseam over many past seasons.