+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paul Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I’d be delighted if we could get Paul Hurst, but don’t think he’ll want to drop down to our level. Ardley’s an interesting one - did very well at AFC Wimbledon for a long time, but came up short this season after they sold their best two players.

The fact Hardy is talking about getting a manager in before Saturday suggests he has someone in mind and that they are currently out of work. Also interesting that HK was sacked on a Tuesday, not a Sunday - which is our traditional sacking day. What changed in the last few days to hasten Kewell’s dismissal?

Only Notts could pay compensation to get a manager and then sack him 10 weeks later! Sums up our spend-spend-spend / fail-fail-fail season perfectly.
    A couple of mates are Stags fans and Hemmings still keeps in touch with some of their players. The rumour there is he had a massive fall out with Kewell and one or two others argued with him also, hence his team selections.

I just hope we get a decent manager with some experience. However as others have pointed out we are relying on Hardy so anything could, and probably will, happen. Nice to be discussing football again though.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    A couple of mates are Stags fans and Hemmings still keeps in touch with some of their players. The rumour there is he had a massive fall out with Kewell and one or two others argued with him also, hence his team selections.
    Twitter is rife with a rumour Stead was training with the youth team. Let's face it, Stead has given nothing less than 100% for this club. I'm not saying he's always played great but he'll always give 100% for the cause and everyone knows it. If he was made to train with the youth team, I can see the others losing all respect for Kewell. Now Stead went out of the team first, then all of a sudden Hemmings went soon after, maybe Hemmings argued about Stead's exclusion and got excluded himself? Again it's all conjecture based on rumour but it fits the pattern so to speak

Quote Originally Posted by karl wheatly View Post
    Paul Hurst was rated as the worst manager in Ipswich Town's history by many of their fans.

Basically a non-league manager who did well at Grimsby and OK at Shrewsbury but completely out of his depth at Ipswich.
    The only thing he did wrong at Ipswich is take the job in the first place! They hardly spend any money and hounded the previous manager out despite several seasons of overachievement, they deserve to go down and probably will.

Hurst transformed Shrewsbury from relegation favourites to automatic promotion contenders for most of last season, was successful at Grimsby too.

Yes from me.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    That is plausible given recent team selections and the timing of his sacking.

Saturday's team sheet will give us a big clue.

Quote Originally Posted by karl wheatly View Post
    Paul Hurst was rated as the worst manager in Ipswich Town's history by many of their fans.
    Wonder how well our Kev would have done there if he'd got the job in the summer..?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Saturday's team sheet will give us a big clue.
    Not really, neither had serious injuries so there's nothing to say they wouldn't have been back on saturday (or tonight) regardless of whether Kewell was here or not.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Another one who's NOT the man for the job
    Blimey I actually agree with you MIG!

Hurst or Ardley for me.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    Hurst or Ardley for me.
    We could Hurst a go then Ardley in 3 months. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    We could Hurst a go then Ardley in 3 months. Works for me.
    Nothing is off the table these days!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast