+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Hurst

Paul Hurst

Apologies if he's been mentioned in any other threads I haven't seen, but Paul Hurst would be my choice for manager, if he's interested in getting straight back into football. In fact, he was my choice back when he was at Grimsby. It just didn't come off for him in his short time at Ipswich and he's another one who arguably got sacked prematurely, but he knows the lower leagues and was successful with Boston, Grimsby and Shrewsbury. He's experienced enough, but still young enough to be ambitious and will no doubt be eager to re-establish his credentials.

Gary Bowyer would be my other pick, but you presume that if he didn't want the job before, his opinion won't have changed that much in ten weeks.
    Last edited by jackal2; 13-11-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Apologies if he's been mentioned in any other threads I haven't seen, but Paul Hurst would be my choice for manager, if he's interested in getting straight back into football. In fact, he was my choice back when he was at Grimsby. It just didn't come off for him in his short time at Ipswich and he's another one who arguably got sacked prematurely, but he knows the lower leagues and was successful with Boston, Grimsby and Shrewsbury. He's experienced enough, but still young enough to be ambitious and will no doubt be eager to re-establish his credentials.

Gary Bowyer would be my other pick, but you presume that if he didn't want the job before, his opinion won't have changed that much in ten weeks.
    I'd agree Jackal.

I'd prefer Hurst over Ardley. Ardley as number 2 choice though!

No thanks to either.Mick McCarthy needed to sort this lot out & instill some authority.Would have the respect due to been there, done that.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    No thanks to either.Mick McCarthy needed to sort this lot out & instill some authority.Would have the respect due to been there, done that.
    I wouldn't be against Mick McCarthy if he wanted the job, but I can't see him being the slightest bit interested in a club at the foot of League Two. He won't be under any financial pressure to get back into work and he'll fancy his chances of landing a club in the Championship sooner or later. Plus it has to be said, a lot of fans would moan about his style of football. Not me though, because the guy runs (at least) a steady ship pretty much wherever he goes. If he came to Notts, it would be quite a coup really.

I'd snap your hand off for Hurst, so it won't be him.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I'd snap your hand off for Hurst, so it won't be him.
    If it's logical, it won't happen. This is AH we are talking about. Think outside the box.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 13-11-2018 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I wouldn't be against Mick McCarthy if he wanted the job, but I can't see him being the slightest bit interested in a club at the foot of League Two. He won't be under any financial pressure to get back into work and he'll fancy his chances of landing a club in the Championship sooner or later. Plus it has to be said, a lot of fans would moan about his style of football. Not me though, because the guy runs (at least) a steady ship pretty much wherever he goes. If he came to Notts, it would be quite a coup really.
    Money talks as we well know,he would also be nearer to Home(Barnsley).Might fancy the challenge to put himself back in the shop window

Where will Paul Hart fit in to the bigger picture IF Notts do go for an experienced manager? The fact Hart is still at the club fills me with dread that we could get another inexperienced ‘punt’.
    For the record, from the names mentioned I would have Hurst in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Where will Paul Hart fit in to the bigger picture IF Notts do go for an experienced manager? The fact Hart is still at the club fills me with dread that we could get another inexperienced ‘punt’.
    For the record, from the names mentioned I would have Hurst in a heartbeat.
    I'd be interested to know about Hart's role in all of this. One of the reasons he supposedly joined as DoF was to help out the guy he trained as a kid, so is he gutted by the decision, or did he play a part in it? And if so, what's his agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Oh my god Pete that would be my dream appointment... an absolute hero of mine and had the privilege to meet him too, his record is excellent but can't see him dropping down so far for a job... Paul Hurst is an interesting one, he lost a lot of players in the summer and had to recruit from the lower leagues... I don't think he is a bad manager because of one job, he did an amazing job at Grimsby and an even better job at Shrewsbury ( who also just sacked their manager) I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back there now.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast