+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paul Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Paul Hurst is an interesting one, he lost a lot of players in the summer and had to recruit from the lower leagues... I don't think he is a bad manager because of one job, he did an amazing job at Grimsby and an even better job at Shrewsbury ( who also just sacked their manager) I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back there now.
    Hurst returning to Shrewsbury is probably the most likely scenario to be fair, but it's always worth being cheeky enough to ask the question. Sometimes a manager doesn't want to go back to an old haunt, and sometimes the club themselves have an issue with re-appointing a manager who left them for a bigger club. Talking of which, has Steve Cotterill had a mention yet?!

I’d be delighted if we could get Paul Hurst, but don’t think he’ll want to drop down to our level. Ardley’s an interesting one - did very well at AFC Wimbledon for a long time, but came up short this season after they sold their best two players.

The fact Hardy is talking about getting a manager in before Saturday suggests he has someone in mind and that they are currently out of work. Also interesting that HK was sacked on a Tuesday, not a Sunday - which is our traditional sacking day. What changed in the last few days to hasten Kewell’s dismissal?

Only Notts could pay compensation to get a manager and then sack him 10 weeks later! Sums up our spend-spend-spend / fail-fail-fail season perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I’d be delighted if we could get Paul Hurst, but don’t think he’ll want to drop down to our level. Ardley’s an interesting one - did very well at AFC Wimbledon for a long time, but came up short this season after they sold their best two players.
    His win ratio is a non pot breaking 32% at Wimbledon, but he doesn't look as much as a **** as Appleton, so I'd tolerate his appointment. As you say, Hurst would be better.

Paul Hurst was rated as the worst manager in Ipswich Town's history by many of their fans.

Basically a non-league manager who did well at Grimsby and OK at Shrewsbury but completely out of his depth at Ipswich.

I'm not totally sure about Hurst I think at Shrewsbury he was a bit like Nolan was at Notts in that he had a good season but ultimately didn't get promotion.

not a chance ,,, no Liverpool connection.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    not a chance ,,, no Liverpool connection.
    LOL Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    If it's logical, it won't happen. This is AH we are talking about. Think outside the box.
    What a match box?

Quote Originally Posted by karl wheatly View Post
    Paul Hurst was rated as the worst manager in Ipswich Town's history by many of their fans.

Basically a non-league manager who did well at Grimsby and OK at Shrewsbury but completely out of his depth at Ipswich.
    Another one who's NOT the man for the job

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    If it's logical, it won't happen. This is AH we are talking about. Think outside the box.
    Exactly. Hurst makes total sense, so expect someone else.

Any anyway, whoever we do get will almost certainly be sacked within 3-12 months, so it doesn't matter all that much anyway.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast