+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kewell's Record

Kewell's Record

His league percentage wasn't terrible and would probably have seen us finishing lower-mid table if continued, but overall it's not good enough.

Everywhere keeps stating 13 games in charge but I have it as 14 if you include Grimsby in the Checkatrade,

League:

P11 W3 D4 L4 GS 14 GA 20
    Win percentage: 27.7%

Cups:

P3 L3 GS 1 GA 8
    Win percentage: 0%

Overall Win Percentage: 21.43% P14 W3 D4 L7 GS 15 GA28
    Last edited by MancMagpie; 13-11-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Is that the lowest ever for a 'permanent' Notts manager?

If we had got the points we deserved against MK and Swindon then he would be sitting 17th in the table and he probably would have kept his job. Although I think this decision is based on more than just results and performances.

AH got to be very careful with the next appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Is that the lowest ever for a 'permanent' Notts manager?
    Not sure. Maybe Fulla****e was less?

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    His league percentage wasn't terrible and would probably have seen us finishing lower-mid table if continued, but overall it's not good enough.

Everywhere keeps stating 13 games in charge but I have it as 14 if you include Grimsby in the Checkatrade,

League:

P11 W3 D4 L4 GS 14 GA 20
    Win percentage: 27.7%

Cups:

P3 L3 GS 1 GA 8
    Win percentage: 0%

Overall Win Percentage: 21.43% P14 W3 D4 L7 GS 15 GA28
    Let's face it, the league is what it's about and his record left room for improvement but it wasn't disastrous to the point of warranting a sacking, certainly not so soon. It was an improvement on his predecessor's start to the season, and I don't think you can discount the big problem Nolan left him, namely a midfield almost bereft of players suited to playing League Two.

If Kewell was genuinely sacked on results and performances as Hardy says, then it seems extremely harsh and premature. I suspect there may have been some sort of player revolt, and I'm not sure I trust these players to have been the ones defending Notts County's best interests.

Kiwomya too I ain’t counting the cups for Kewell either.

You would hope someone has been lined up but Hardy seems abit rash to me definately signs of a Trew when things aren’t going our way toys are thrown out the pram.

If we carry on as we are doing nobody with a half decent record will touch us and we will then be back to the punts on people like Kiwomya and Fullarton complete no hopers.

If it’s Paul Hart we might as well start planning for games at Wrexham and Halifax !

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    If it’s Paul Hart we might as well start planning for games at Wrexham and Halifax !
    If it's Paul Hart then I suspect we know the big picture! God forbid!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Let's face it, the league is what it's about and his record left room for improvement but it wasn't disastrous to the point of warranting a sacking, certainly not so soon. It was an improvement on his predecessor's start to the season, and I don't think you can discount the big problem Nolan left him, namely a midfield almost bereft of players suited to playing League Two.

If Kewell was genuinely sacked on results and performances as Hardy says, then it seems extremely harsh and premature. I suspect there may have been some sort of player revolt, and I'm not sure I trust these players to have been the ones defending Notts County's best interests.
    Yep, I agree with that. There must have been something going on behind the scenes as his league record wasn't that bad considering the start we made.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Yep, I agree with that. There must have been something going on behind the scenes as his league record wasn't that bad considering the start we made.
    I couldn’t believe it when people on here started calling for HK to be sacked a few weeks ago, but there was definitely something off about how things were proceeding - his Jekyll/Hyde approach with the players in the media; the baffling subs bench packed with centre halves that gave him no options; the way the players came out for the second half of games seemingly demotivated.

Let’s hope it’s not player power that did for him, because these have proved to be a spineless bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Kiwomya too I ain’t counting the cups for Kewell either.

You would hope someone has been lined up but Hardy seems abit rash to me definately signs of a Trew when things aren’t going our way toys are thrown out the pram.

If we carry on as we are doing nobody with a half decent record will touch us and we will then be back to the punts on people like Kiwomya and Fullarton complete no hopers.

But you are forgetting the bigger glamour teams in the Conference though....... Solihull Moors, Braintree and Maidenhead Utd.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast