+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Doonhamers vs. Inverness Caley Thistle

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Doubt if Mr Naysmith reads this but I would lay money that the director (s) do. I take your point about substitutes
    and the ICT manager (who by the way had only 5 players on the bench) came up trumps with his changes.
    I know for definite that the directors read this board, as I've heard them saying so...

I reckon that there was a major flaw on Saturday with not using substitutes around the time that Inverness were changing their players....

From the main stand the Caley number 7 was running the game in the second half. Driving forward sending passes out wide. He was always in acres of space.
    At 3 0 the change should have been Norman for Harkins

Norman to mark the number 7 and stop him playing the ball out wide and dictating play.

It was as clear as the nose on my face.

Sadly our management team got consumed by the performance and lost site of managing the team to a comfortable victory.

For GN to highlight only Semples foul that lead to the first goal as the turning point and not mention any other players poor defending or his own poor management is piss poor and bang out of order to young Semple, who has been an excellent signing and is still a kid learning the game.

Jacobs was rather rash giving the penalty away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    From the main stand the Caley number 7 was running the game in the second half. Driving forward sending passes out wide. He was always in acres of space.
    At 3 0 the change should have been Norman for Harkins

Norman to mark the number 7 and stop him playing the ball out wide and dictating play.

It was as clear as the nose on my face.

Sadly our management team got consumed by the performance and lost site of managing the team to a comfortable victory.

For GN to highlight only Semples foul that lead to the first goal as the turning point and not mention any other players poor defending or his own poor management is piss poor and bang out of order to young Semple, who has been an excellent signing and is still a kid learning the game.
    Sorry but for me the reason we lost 2 points was down to poor goalkeeping and nothing to do with substitutions. I am no fan of Martin but I am certain if he was playing then it would be 3 points won

theres not much the keeper could have done for 2 of the goals but the 2 yards out header was frustrating ,im just wondering what our goalkeeper coach does while training them ,as there is no evidence that he coaches them to be first to the ball before someone heads in from 2 yards right on top of the keeper ,the ball should have bean either collected before he got his head to it or met with a punch .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    theres not much the keeper could have done for 2 of the goals but the 2 yards out header was frustrating ,im just wondering what our goalkeeper coach does while training them ,as there is no evidence that he coaches them to be first to the ball before someone heads in from 2 yards right on top of the keeper ,the ball should have bean either collected before he got his head to it or met with a punch .
    I would say the first two goals were definitely down to the young lad. Has anyone got a clue why Martin wasn't playing

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    Our goalkeeping coach Ross Ballantyne is UEFA licensed and has coached at Albion Rovers, Livingston and Hearts. May well have played professionally but personally I cannot remember him playing.

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    I would say the first two goals were definitely down to the young lad. Has anyone got a clue why Martin wasn't playing
    Martin had an elbow injury...

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Our goalkeeping coach Ross Ballantyne is UEFA licensed and has coached at Albion Rovers, Livingston and Hearts. May well have played professionally but personally I cannot remember him playing.
    Better with a former keeper that's played competitively...

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Better with a former keeper that's played competitively...

You talk utter ****e Russel

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)