+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Check a Trade

A hard fought performance tonight.Rode our luck at times but on the whole we did well. Fitz was excellent again. A timely moral booster for saturday. Well done lads. 👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    A hard fought performance tonight.Rode our luck at times but on the whole we did well. Fitz was excellent again. A timely moral booster for saturday. Well done lads. 👍👍
    Agreed. Plus that's £10,000 towards HK's compensation payment. Another £20,000 if we win the next game.

Played a proper 442 plenty of effort and movement although we scored against the run of play.We had Fitz and poor finishing by Donny to thank for going through .Dennis looked sharp and linked well with Enzio we didn't stop enough crosses wingers didn't help out their full backs enough thought Patching was a bit of a show pony but did well with his dead ball taking. Kellet showed some nice touches.Good win in the end although not sure how strong a team Donny put out::
    Last edited by pjace; 15-11-2018 at 06:46 AM.

Morale & confidence booster last night for player, club & fans

Well done. Excellent result. For those who state they don't like this competition. Think again. It's given Notts a real morale booster and provided positivity and it's football not bickering about moderators or having childish goes at each other; which I know hacks the majority of readers and contributors to this site (genuine fans) well and truly off. Here's to Saturday and three points. See you there

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Morale & confidence booster last night for player, club & fans
    First time I've seen Chettle interviewed and he comes over well so a boost for him. Saturday a big test but seems as if he's getting support from Hart & Big Norm but if the result goes well it might buy AH a bit of time instead of rushing, though I guess he'd want someone in ready to influence any winter signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    First time I've seen Chettle interviewed and he comes over well so a boost for him. Saturday a big test but seems as if he's getting support from Hart & Big Norm but if the result goes well it might buy AH a bit of time instead of rushing, though I guess he'd want someone in ready to influence any winter signings.
    Agree, he didn't say it was a free game like Crossley and Kewell did for two games this season, he said winning is a habit and he's is absolutely spot on. Watching it, Charlie Slater mentioned the amount of shots and whilst he didn't call the players, you could tell he knew it was an issue and mentioned something about preparing for the next game. He might just be able to steady the ship for next two games as Hardy said new manager would hopefully be appointed in next 7 days

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Well done. Excellent result. For those who state they don't like this competition. Think again. It's given Notts a real morale booster and provided positivity and it's football not bickering about moderators or having childish goes at each other; which I know hacks the majority of readers and contributors to this site (genuine fans) well and truly off. Here's to Saturday and three points. See you there
    Speaking of genuine fans who post about football, has anyone heard from upthemaggies / upthemagpies ? Strange that he hasn't posted what with the change of manager.

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    Played a proper 442 plenty of effort and movement although we scored against the run of play.We had Fitz and poor finishing by Donny to thank for going through .Dennis looked sharp and linked well with Enzio we didn't stop enough crosses wingers didn't help out their full backs enough thought Patching was a bit of a show pony but did well with his dead ball taking. Kellet showed some nice touches.Good win in the end although not sure how strong a team Donny put out::
    Their team was a mostly first teamers and subs with a couple of kids. The subs they brought on were first teamers so I think it was a reasonably strong team.

Enzio + 1 up front seems like a good idea as it gives us pace and skill in dangerous areas and solves the problem of him not tracking back.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Their team was a mostly first teamers and subs with a couple of kids. The subs they brought on were first teamers so I think it was a reasonably strong team.

Enzio + 1 up front seems like a good idea as it gives us pace and skill in dangerous areas and solves the problem of him not tracking back.
    Who did they have on the wings then? Thomas and Patching? Hawkridge was playing right back I believe

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast