+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Check a Trade

The Southend/Southampton game started after ours and is over before ours... conspiracy?

Donny miss the last shot of the game dragged just wide, ref blows for full time 4-2, Notts are through.

Phew done and dusted... morale boosting win but means we are still in this competition... if anything it has to help Dennis and his confidence but also shows how bad we are at the back... surely Ward and Thurley back in for Cheltenham

This doesn't feel dirty, we did beat a League One team after all.

£5 placed on Chettle at 20/1 with BetVictor. Probably money wasted but we'll see.

If Doncaster could shoot straight they would have scored 6. We played better in the first half, it was pretty much attack v defence after that, but they gifted us a penalty from a corner.

Delighted with the result, but the midfield was again completely nonexistent.

Pluses - The Dennis hat trick and Enzio looked good up top. Thomas worked harder than at any other point this season but still had no end product. Patching was good delivering corners but otherwise the game passed him by - doesn’t look anywhere near fit enough. Fitz was excellent, again.

Negatives - Yet again we conceded far too many efforts on goal - must have been 25. (Edit: Just checked and it was 27!) Second half was basically hoof the ball as far from the goal as possible and ride our luck.

Sod’s law, we’ll probably get Sunderland away next.
    Last edited by nw6pie; 14-11-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Phew done and dusted... morale boosting win but means we are still in this competition... if anything it has to help Dennis and his confidence but also shows how bad we are at the back... surely Ward and Thurley back in for Cheltenham
    But we are as bad with those 2 in the team

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    But we are as bad with those 2 in the team
    It's a catch 22 really, I do rate Thurley but something about Ward troubles me... just seems to me that he thinks he is better than league 2 standard... obviously could be completely wrong.

Centre Halves are not the problem for me. If we continue to allow crosses to come in, eventually the centre forwards will get on the end of them. Turley has been a brick wall, wins his headers, puts in blocks. A proper centre back.

I know it's a daft competition but a wins a win so well done Notts on qualifying for the next round although I doubt they'll get much further depending on the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    If Doncaster could shoot straight they would have scored 6. We played better in the first half, it was pretty much attack v defence after that, but they gifted us a penalty from a corner.

Delighted with the result, but the midfield was again completely nonexistent.

Pluses - The Dennis hat trick and Enzio looked good up top. Thomas worked harder than at any other point this season but still had no end product. Patching was good delivering corners but otherwise the game passed him by - doesn’t look anywhere near fit enough. Fitz was excellent, again.

Negatives - Yet again we conceded far too many efforts on goal - must have been 25. (Edit: Just checked and it was 27!) Second half was basically hoof the ball as far from the goal as possible and ride our luck.

Sod’s law, we’ll probably get Sunderland away next.

I thought Hawks was very good as well, to say he was playing right back.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast