+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Best concert you've ever been to

O/T Best concert you've ever been to

Sorry if concert sounds posh - there's a language barrier here! I could've said gig.

I saw the Rolling Stones in '14 and was amazed, partly because I grew up with their songs and thought they were incredible considering their age, past drug use, etc.

Arctic Monkeys are a great live band to me and saw a band called Future Islands not long ago - they were insane!

Saw Sting once - he was average.

Bring it on!

Alan Price for me. He's even got better over the years and still does a gig most weeks at his local in Chiswick.

Queen with Paul Rodgers at Hyde Park.

It was fantastic.

Billy Joel at wembley

Alexander O 'Neal.

stones in 82 at st st james's park

by far the best I've ever seen

second might be family at the mayfair about 1971

Saw tons of bands at City Hall in the 70s. Lynyrd Skynyrd in '77 is one at that stands out.
    Saw Sting with the Police at the Mayfair in '79 - not bad
    There were some great local bands back then. Southbound - who played regularly at the Gosforth Hotel on Tuesday nights were a real favourite. To me at east easily as good as many of the big names of the time - and always a great gig.

The Alarm at the City Hall and Bruce Sprins**** at St James. These are the best I´ve been to cos they´re the only ones I´ve been to!

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    The Alarm at the City Hall and Bruce Sprins**** at St James. These are the best I´ve been to cos they´re the only ones I´ve been to!
    Saw Springs**** a few years back - incredible!

Recently saw a tribute band called Rumours of Fleetwood Mac over here. I think they were actually better than the original group, absolutely fantastic. Nearly went to an Elvis concert in Buffalo NY but he went and died didn't he, had our tickets and everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)