+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Best concert you've ever been to

I used to enjoy Stiff little fingers at the mayfair......

Oooh. Missus!!!!

The Farm at the City Hall September 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    I used to enjoy Stiff little fingers at the mayfair......

Oooh. Missus!!!!
    Used to go every year to watch them at mayfàir .saw them in belfast in august with the damned the buzzcocks and the defects

Great thread, Hughie.

The Stones at Wembley in the mid 90's and REM at Murrayfield in the same year.

****age Fanclub on board an old clipper sailing ship moored on the Clyde.

Stiff Little Fingers at the City Hall.

The Broken Family Band at the Cluny

The Low Anthem at Gateshead Town Hall

Love going to gigs.

the 1st band I ever saw (live) was at the Blaydon races Hotel (the place to go in the 60's) - I was 13 and my elder sister took me - she being a regular even though she was only 17 herself ha

the wife at the door said - she looks young to which my sis said i know - so did I when I started coming here lol

anyway the band was called sliced fingers - they did the stones paint it black amongst other things

i was totally awestruck.

i'm hoping a future favourite might be that band that's playing at the cluny later this month (I think it is ha)

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post

i'm hoping a future favourite might be that band that's playing at the cluny later this month (I think it is ha)
    Saturday 24th, Cluny 2, by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Saturday 24th, Cluny 2, by any chance?
    i think it was around that time... i need to look up the date again ha

A while ago me and a mate went to go and see Metallica in Johannesburg, we were totally 'off our t1ts' It was epic.
    About a year later had to do the 'Daddy thing' and take my 13yr old daughter to the same venue to see Justin Bieber. Two extremely different experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

****age Fanclub on board an old clipper sailing ship moored on the Clyde.
    Cool! I will be seeing them in April next year. Love ****age Fanclub.

the specials at Colchester

terry hall threw a tambourine at the bouncers for stopping the kids getting on stage

the students union wanted it students only and terry kept having a go at them about it

we put on selector at our scooter club
    she was great

siousie and the banshees were good when her and budgiw were doing their thing as well

*** pistols are great

coming to see madness in Newcastle on the 8th was on stage with them at IOW scooter rally a few years back (watching not playing )

Shades of rhtymn are great

Gary newman great show and so was the cure

loved dire straights

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)