+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New forum

New forum

Perhaps a Second board/forum could be appended to the Barnsley Footymad section which could be purely for Political comment by Barnsley supporters, amd the few that appear occasionally to pick a barney.......... yes this board would be less busy..... but then every thread wouldn’t end up about “poor me/them/us/Conservative/Labour/Corbyn/Brexit/Racist/immigrants. Which is what every thread appears to be degenerating into lately.
    Most of us chose to come here as it’s a board mainly about football. We played a game tonight, apart from ESR, there’s been little comment or opinion apart from political mudslinging. And yes, we all have opinions, and “don’t have to read” but then if your agenda is to appear when only political/racist comment is discussed then why target a football board?. Four out of the top six posts as I write are mudslinging, political posts..... and we have played a game tonight.

As you are all well versed in saying.... just my opinion
    Last edited by Jules88; 14-11-2018 at 12:37 AM.

It's something I would support Jules having a foot in both camps mate .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Perhaps a Second board/forum could be appended to the Barnsley Footymad section which could be purely for Political comment by Barnsley supporters, amd the few that appear occasionally to pick a barney.......... yes this board would be less busy..... but then every thread wouldn’t end up about “poor me/them/us/Conservative/Labour/Corbyn/Brexit/Racist/immigrants. Which is what every thread appears to be degenerating into lately.
    Most of us chose to come here as it’s a board mainly about football. We played a game tonight, apart from ESR, there’s been little comment or opinion apart from political mudslinging. And yes, we all have opinions, and “don’t have to read” but then if your agenda is to appear when only political/racist comment is discussed then why target a football board?. Four out of the top six posts as I write are mudslinging, political posts..... and we have played a game tonight.

As you are all well versed in saying.... just my opinion
    I really do find it odd Jules that you would make such a comment as you may recall saying this when the subject was about football [the game v Bradford] earlier last night

"Could anyone else really not give a Sh8t about this" .

Not enough people post to warrant another board

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I really do find it odd Jules that you would make such a comment as you may recall saying this when the subject was about football [the game v Bradford] earlier last night

I meant the match, Checkatrade trophy... and I’m sure I posted it on a footy thread....
    I certainly didn’t mean to reply to a Brexit/immigrant/ post. But then again...., you probably prove my point fella....
    It’s all mixed up. And it’s be nice to be able to separate the subjects.
    Apologies if I posted this on one of your political/petulant arguement posts that could belong on the forum I propose...... perhaps that’s why the board is so quiet.

And ESR..... Perhaps more people would post if there wasn’t a fear of their post being turned into a points scoring exercise by some. We are all here as a result of our love for BFC, ( save Alf, Rod, and a few political arguementees)... not all of us are politically minded, yet most are BFC.
    Last edited by Jules88; 14-11-2018 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post

And ESR..... Perhaps more people would post if there wasn’t a fear of their post being turned into a points scoring exercise by some. We are all here as a result of our love for BFC, ( save Alf, Rod, and a few political arguementees)... not all of us are politically minded, yet most are BFC.
    Possibly, the answer I gave was the response I got from Footymad when I asked the question at the beginning of the year Jules

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Possibly, the answer I gave was the response I got from Footymad when I asked the question at the beginning of the year Jules
    Maybe they are happy to lose posters, and therefore advertising revenue. Their call. Not your decision I know,

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's something I would support Jules having a foot in both camps mate .
    Better response than I’m sure I will get going forward.

Can we have a thread about shyte please. As it puts a smile on everyone's kite.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post

Yup....
    Dug into the archives ( gone back a full 24 hours...... ) and it was a football response to a football thread,

Perhaps if I had put ”Could anyone else really not give a Sh8t about this Immigrant, council estate, benefit, poor Brexit/ cold corner of the stand, May/Corbyns attire/ Commie/McLean/ then you’d have been right to find it odd.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast