+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 100million plus spent / 12 games ?

100million plus spent / 12 games ?

So Fulham decide to sack their manager who they gave over 100 million to spend .They gave him 12 games and he got them 5 points so my question is ,did they give him long enough ?

Thought he wasted a lot.Paid over the odds in my opinion for Mitro and the wages he would have put that Schurlle on will be sky high.
    That Seri in midfield might come good but in this day and age after money is spent managers don't get time.
    As for giving him long enough,no in my opinion.He turned that club around,but it's a sign of the times.Would have liked him still in charge until we had played them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Thought he wasted a lot.Paid over the odds in my opinion for Mitro and the wages he would have put that Schurlle on will be sky high.
    That Seri in midfield might come good but in this day and age after money is spent managers don't get time.
    As for giving him long enough,no in my opinion.He turned that club around,but it's a sign of the times.Would have liked him still in charge until we had played them though.
    Under Ashley it's almost non-significant who we have as a manager, but if Rafa decides to leave, I wouldn't mind Jokanovic here. He's won trophies everywhere he's gone. At Fulham, he made the mistake of not trusting the team that got promoted and added too many new players.

Didnt get enough time

I don't think he got enough time.

However, i also think he went a bit money mad which will have cause issues in his dressing room and he didn't seem to know what his best team/formation was.

Shame for him but i'm not to surprised either.

It's a fair question. He probably overspent but also brought too many players in and upset the balance of the team that got them up.

Hard to say if he had enough time. Possibly not but, then, we should have sacked McClaren about this time too and he spent about £77 million.

Well I think it was a big gamble

he wasnt buying the players
    the owners son is in full controll of that

has some computer system that selects players on certain criteria

the step up from the fizzy to prem especially as a manager is huge

a player is one of a squad and can hide at times whilst he learns the prem

the managers cant

they only need 3-4 players a game to be of the pace and they will get caught out

not sure ranieri is the man

Just by looking at the managers face in games, it appears something was amiss. It looked as if he appeared resigned to accept (for the time being) things way out of his control.
    Basically when they were getting beat he did not appear to be too concerned and in potential fact looked bemused.

It's possible that the owner is pulling the buying strings. A sort of ownership lucky bag buy. The last of the big spenders of new owners, kind of thing.

In my opinion they've lost a good manager and replaced him with some kind of gimmick of a manager to put Fulham on the premier league map.
    Q.P.R tried that trick and look what happened to them worth all their gimmicks.

It'll be interesting to see how much money Ranieri's handed and how he sets up....or is allowed to.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)