+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nolan ...

Nolan ...

Creeping up to second favourite with SkyBet at 2/1! https://m.skybet.com/football/manage...event/23114620

Hoping this is artificially inflated due to some money going on ...

Quote Originally Posted by mattpie View Post
    Creeping up to second favourite with SkyBet at 2/1! https://m.skybet.com/football/manage...event/23114620

I would put my house on Nolan not getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by mattpie View Post

I don't doubt Kevin Nolan is a 'nice guy'.

BUT ffs he was a disaster from xmas onwards. Last season he constantly blamed refs for sh!t results and performances. This close season he was responsible for the dreadful recruitment and poor fitness preparation of the squad. All this finished off nicely with a 6 game run, (incl. the league cup), where he managed 1 draw and 5 defeats.

Oh and don't get me started on his favourite-player-policy and off field drinking issues !!
    Last edited by karl wheatly; 14-11-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Nolan is alright to keep you up but he won't get you promoted, last year really felt like the best chance and it was blown.

Bet Nolan is laughing his head of , at this news

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I would put my house on Nolan not getting it.
    One thing for sure Nolan was a country mile ahead of HK

Just can not understand why he was sacked after 6 matches

We would be no worse of if we had stuck with Nolan till now

The chairman and Notts county have not benefited at all bringing in HK , not to mention the £400,000 he paid in compensation to Crawley

Still whoever we get as manager this time, lets hope it works out for Notts Counties sake

Personally I would have given Nolan another month to turn things round but God knows what they were thinking of appointing Kewell does Hardy even know what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    The chairman and Notts county have not benefited at all bringing in HK , not to mention the £400,000 he paid in compensation to Crawley.
    Don't be silly. Us paying Crawley £400,000 is as likely as the NHS getting £350 million.

We would be no worse of if we had stuck with Nolan till now
    Your problem is you don't seem to understand much at all.

He wasn't sacked after 6 games, he was sacked after 8 wins in 28, you don't start fresh every time a season starts and your form from the season before continues, I know it's rare we have a manager that finishes one season and starts the next but his dreadful 6 games this season were at the end of poor form last season.

No worse off? If Nolan was still here we might still be looking for our first win this season and we literally couldn't have possibly been worse off than the 24th place in the league that he'd left us in.

One thing for sure Nolan was a country mile ahead of HK

To be fair he was sacked because of everything since pretty much Christmas last year not just the start of this season.

Hardy has already said that both him and Nolan were inexperienced and hadn't realised that you had to line up prospective signings well in advance of the January transfer window. That inexperience cost us promotion big time and he's learnt from it. Nolan was just unfortunate as results have shown no real change with a different manager.

I think Nolan with Hart as a mentor could possibly work but I'm not one to ever go back. Plus this isn't the time to take another gamble.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast