+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 112 of 349 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    At least May is at last showing some negotiating skill whereas Corbyn wants to take away no deal and leave no room for negotiating at all.
    He really has let the party down refusing to go and see her unless she takes no deal off the table yet the people who support him i.e. the unions were delighted to go and see her to put their views forrud.

I just can't help thinking that the labour supporters got it so wrong and let the country down voting for him as their leader.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    He really has let the party down refusing to go and see her unless she takes no deal off the table yet the people who support him i.e. the unions were delighted to go and see her to put their views forrud.

Didn't the union leaders feel that they wasted their time, as did other leaders who agreed to meet May: https://uk.webfg.com/news/brexit/tra...--3707413.html

Agree, that it was bed publicity though and worked against him on balance

I just can't help thinking that the labour supporters got it so wrong and let the country down voting for him as their leader.
    The option were 3 moderates at the time, and the feeling amongst many supporters was that a) moderates kept losing heavily in general elections and b) the public were mightily peed off with moderates and the centre ground. If you keep losing elections with moderate candidates, why make the same mistake again? Don't you think Labour performed better in the 2017 election with a much stronger and popular manifesto?

Would personally be happy to see a leadership change as long as we don't revert to centre right as I think the last 40 years have shown where that leads, and clearly people want change. Unfortunately, in my opinion, they have been led to think that Brexit will be the change that they are looking for. I think, when immigration from the rest of the world, increased by free trade agreement visas from other countries we deal with starts spiking. But that's another story

I think he has met her to ask her to take no deal away which is incredibly dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    The option were 3 moderates at the time, and the feeling amongst many supporters was that a) moderates kept losing heavily in general elections and b) the public were mightily peed off with moderates and the centre ground. If you keep losing elections with moderate candidates, why make the same mistake again? Don't you think Labour performed better in the 2017 election with a much stronger and popular manifesto?

Would personally be happy to see a leadership change as long as we don't revert to centre right as I think the last 40 years have shown where that leads, and clearly people want change. Unfortunately, in my opinion, they have been led to think that Brexit will be the change that they are looking for. I think, when immigration from the rest of the world, increased by free trade agreement visas from other countries we deal with starts spiking. But that's another story
    Have you read this rp?

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/450

At least May is at last showing some negotiating skill whereas Corbyn wants to take away no deal and leave no room for negotiating at all.
    Negotiating skill?? she's had two f'ing years and has nothing, absolutely nothing, she got plan A which was roundly rejected by the EU, and parliament, she came back with plan B, which is plan A but a month later, which the EU will reject out of hand. Corbyn has all along stayed on party position, a position decided at conference, and if labour's plan was adopted, it gaurantees a no border solution, the major stop point in a no deal or May's deal, it's plain to see who the real negotiator is.....

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Negotiating skill?? she's had two f'ing years and has nothing, absolutely nothing, she got plan A which was roundly rejected by the EU, and parliament, she came back with plan B, which is plan A but a month later, which the EU will reject out of hand. Corbyn has all along stayed on party position, a position decided at conference, and if labour's plan was adopted, it gaurantees a no border solution, the major stop point in a no deal or May's deal, it's plain to see who the real negotiator is.....
    If you take away no deal then there is no negotiating is there?

So he is in fact worse that her, which is indeed saying something.

He let the party down?? he was following party policy for crying out loud.

I think he has met her to ask her to take no deal away which is incredibly dumb.
    The EU must have thought, get Corbyn on board with his "take no deal off the table" and we can screw the Brits.Thankfully at long last May is realising that the EU are panicking for fear of not getting a deal.She has to stand firm and take no more lip from these desperadoes.Italy,Germany very close to recession.The French farmers are in uproar because they will have their fruit and veg going to rot because their leaders can't agree a deal.Macron is very unpopular.The quicker we get out of this stinking,sinking ship the better.

If you take away no deal then there is no negotiating is there?

So he is in fact worse that her, which is indeed saying something.
    Take away no deal you don't have an issue with NI backstops or border issues, that's a negotiated result.....

NI backstops or border issues. Could anyone see a return to the IRA regrouping and finding it she easy to smuggle arms over a non existent border? They haven't exactly gone away as proven by the bombing the other day.

Page 112 of 349 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast