+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 124 of 349 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Agree this comment is gonna get a lot of Brits backs up even those who aren't brexiteers. Maybe he has said it for a reason...

As for Vince Cable, wants to set up a new party, wants brexit scrapped regardless of the referendum.

He should be stripped of his knighthood.

Sort out the traitors at home before we have a pop at foreigners, no matter what imbecilic muttering they’ve come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Just to be clear here, I think that he is talking specifically about the leaders who promoted Brexit without any clear plan of what Brexit looks like and therefore led us to this complete mess. I don't think he's referring to Leave voters.

Completely true - there should have been the development of a firm plan that could be then put to the public for a vote; and if no plan could be developed across party that we felt would meet EU agreement, then it should have been Remain v Leave with No Deal.
    How about the spineless coward Cameron who started the referendum and then just buggered off [but not really]

Dave I'm no quiter Cameron then quit another ****er

He had to quit really.

And if we hadn't had the referendum we'd be run by Tusk and Juncker.

Even compared himself to Churchill [ that well known imperialist]

The Europeans like to point out that Churchill was a supporter of European unity.

But also an Imperialist and also a great fan of the "Anglosphere" and author of "A History of the English-Speaking Peoples".

This great debate has gone on for several weeks now and rightly so, as everyone involved has had their own personal views and rightly so.

As there are many posts to read, I don't fancy trawling through them to get an answer to my questions so, can someone please enlighten me on the following.

1. If we are to leave and have a severance payment to make (38 Billion) what timescale was the payment to be made, one lump sum or over several years?

2. Obviously, a plan has been drawn up to pay this sum if we leave so, it stands to reason we are in a position to make the full payment.
    My next question would be, IF we leave without payment, what are the Tories looking to spend this surplus 38 Billion on and when?

On the same day the EU agree a deal for tarrif free movement of goods with Japan the European monopoly commission have stopped the French and German companies merging to be more competetive against the Japanese.

European Commission - Press release
    Mergers: Commission prohibits Siemens' proposed acquisition of Alstom

Brussels, 6 February 2019

The European Commission has prohibited Siemens' proposed acquisition of Alstom under the EU Merger Regulation. The merger would have harmed competition in markets for railway signalling systems and very high-speed trains. The parties did not offer remedies sufficient to address these concerns.

Commissioner Margrethe Vestager, in charge of competition policy, said: "Millions of passengers across Europe rely every day on modern and safe trains. Siemens and Alstom are both champions in the rail industry. Without sufficient remedies, this merger would have resulted in higher prices for the signalling systems that keep passengers safe and for the next generations of very high-speed trains. The Commission prohibited the merger because the companies were not willing to address our serious competition concerns."

Today's decision follows an in-depth investigation by the Commission of the takeover, which would have combined Siemens' and Alstom's transport equipment and service activities in a new company fully controlled by Siemens. It would have brought together the two largest suppliers of various types of railway and metro signalling systems, as well as of rolling stock in Europe. Both companies also have leading positions globally.

The merger would have created the undisputed market leader in some signalling markets and a dominant player in very high-speed trains. It would have significantly reduced competition in both these areas, depriving customers, including train operators and rail infrastructure managers of a choice of suppliers and products.

The Commission received several complaints during its in-depth investigation, from customers, competitors, industry associations and trade unions. It also received negative comments from several National Competition Authorities in the European Economic Area (EEA).

Stakeholders were worried that the proposed transaction would significantly harm competition and reduce innovation in signalling systems and very high-speed rolling stock, lead to the foreclosure of smaller competitors and to higher prices and less choice for customers. Since the parties were not willing to offer adequate remedies to address these concerns, the Commission blocked the merger to protect competition in the European railway industry.

The creation of a genuine European railway market depends crucially on the availability of signalling systems, which are compliant with the European Train Control System (ETCS) standard at competitive prices. Investment in signalling systems that comply with this standard will allow trains to operate safely and smoothly across borders between Member States. New investments in trains are key to transition to more climate friendly and environmentally sustainable mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    This great debate has gone on for several weeks now and rightly so, as everyone involved has had their own personal views and rightly so.

As there are many posts to read, I don't fancy trawling through them to get an answer to my questions so, can someone please enlighten me on the following.

1. If we are to leave and have a severance payment to make (38 Billion) what timescale was the payment to be made, one lump sum or over several years?

2. Obviously, a plan has been drawn up to pay this sum if we leave so, it stands to reason we are in a position to make the full payment.
    My next question would be, IF we leave without payment, what are the Tories looking to spend this surplus 38 Billion on and when?

Can anyone answer my questions? Kerr can you cast a reply for me?

Page 124 of 349 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast