+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 129 of 349 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    As for Vince Cable, wants to set up a new party, wants brexit scrapped regardless of the referendum.

He should be stripped of his knighthood.

Sort out the traitors at home before we have a pop at foreigners, no matter what imbecilic muttering they’ve come up with.

So just because the Leave vote narrowly won, are you suggesting that people should not be allowed to give their opinion? If Remain won, by any margin, do you think Farage and the ERG would have stopped speaking out against the EU and agitating further to Leave. Would you have considered them 'traitors'? I thought we were a democracy, and arguments in a democracy, remaining lawful, surely shouldn't be curbed?

I thought you guys were always accusing the 'Lefty snowflakes' of wanting to curb free speech??

Scary!

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    How can I resist when you ask so nicely.
    Pretty please Kerr, you lovely old integral ***pot you. Answer my questions on posts 1203, 1204 and 1205. Thanksssss

The political hurdle of the Irish/Ulster border can be negotiated in a bi-lateral deal with the Irish govt.Unfortunately the EU are just using this a scapegoat.At the eleventh hour however,like all EU deals, a deal will be done because Dublin will realise it would be catastrophic to have no deal qand would ruin their country.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    So just because the Leave vote narrowly won, are you suggesting that people should not be allowed to give their opinion? If Remain won, by any margin, do you think Farage and the ERG would have stopped speaking out against the EU and agitating further to Leave. Would you have considered them 'traitors'? I thought we were a democracy, and arguments in a democracy, remaining lawful, surely shouldn't be curbed?

I thought you guys were always accusing the 'Lefty snowflakes' of wanting to curb free speech??

Scary!
    The people decided in a democratic vote to leave. Following that it's the duty of all MPs to honour that decision and to find the best way to leave. Not leaving and purposefully opposing all moves to leave isn't an option.

Cable should either join in and find a way to leave the EU or resign.

Scary!
    There's a difference between having debate on both sides of the result and actually trying to trash it so we end up staying in and deny the democratic process .

Democracy denying isn't exactly a new thing to the EU and they are pretty skilled at it .

Remainers seem to believe that staying in will put everything right , it won't , in my opinion it will make things far worse .

The anger and resentment will manifest itself in all kinds of ugly ways , the whole political picture in this country will harmed , massively and confidence with it .

Remainers need to be careful what they wish for in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The people decided in a democratic vote to leave. Following that it's the duty of all MPs to honour that decision and to find the best way to leave. Not leaving and purposefully opposing all moves to leave isn't an option.

Cable should either join in and find a way to leave the EU or resign.

Just declaring on a message board that "it's the duty of all MPs to honour that decision to leave" doesn't make it so. It frankly isn't. I don't agree with Cable, but our MPs are elected to represent their constituency and to argue on our collective national interest (Leavers and Remainers) on all issues as free thinking individuals. I'm sure you wouldn't want Farage hounded out and called a traiter if the vote had pivited marginally the other way would you? What your suggesting is punishment for free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There's a difference between having debate on both sides of the result and actually trying to trash it so we end up staying in and deny the democratic process .

Democracy denying isn't exactly a new thing to the EU and they are pretty skilled at it .

Remainers seem to believe that staying in will put everything right , it won't , in my opinion it will make things far worse .

The anger and resentment will manifest itself in all kinds of ugly ways , the whole political picture in this country will harmed , massively and confidence with it .

Remainers need to be careful what they wish for in my opinion .

I'm not a remainer. To date, I've been happy to accept the vote and argue for a Leave deal that is in the best interests of the majority in the UK, Leavers and Remainers together. I'm pointing out the problem where people call someone a traitor for continuing to maintain an argument against the vote. It's a right to free speech. Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You seem to have overlooked his "special place in hell" comment & you don't seem to consider this as a crude insult judging by the crude omission in your post
    You also fail to mention the way the EU has treated the UK all the way through the past two & a half years Didn't notice him coming up with any plan for a sensible way forward
    Not sure what he means when he says "plan" Does he mean a plan as to what the UK would do post brexit because if he does why does that concern him as it would be none of his business
    Juncker said
    "I believe in heaven and I have never seen hell, apart [from] during the time I was doing my job here. It's a hell."

Poor little love
    Good grief. Earlier on this thread someone asked whether anyone supporting the EU should be considered a 'traitor' and deported.

I'm not a remainer. T?
    ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Good grief. Earlier on this thread someone asked whether anyone supporting the EU should be considered a 'traitor' and deported.

That'd be gfire

Page 129 of 349 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast