+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 349 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Interesting link to poverty and Brexit, maybe Kerr could actually read and accept the policies of his party are actually creating this...

https://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/...23884&LangID=E

Dunno why Kerr wont admit to being a tory unless he is secretly too ashamed to admit it...I would feel very ashamed of myself if i came out with the stuff he puts on here which shows a complete disregard for people who are much worse off than than himself...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Dunno why Kerr wont admit to being a tory unless he is secretly too ashamed to admit it...I would feel very ashamed of myself if i came out with the stuff he puts on here which shows a complete disregard for people who are much worse off than than himself...
    Are you confusing him with Kempo?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Good points.
    I wish that some of the Labour luvvies on here would enlighten us as to what their party's policy is regarding Brexit because I'm damned if I know.
    Corbyn appears to say one thing and Starmer says something quite different.
    If push came to shove and Labour was elected as the new government it would soon become apparent that they are just as split and indeindecisive as the Tories.
    The whole thing is an absolute mess and it won't get resolved any time soon because neither of the main parties have a clear strategy.
    Dont blame Labour for the mess. Blame the Brexiteers that voted us out.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Where have I blamed Labour for the mess?
    I've said that I don't know what their Brexit policy is (does anybody?) because their leader says one thing and their Brexit secretary says something completely different.
    The Tories are making a complete mess of things, Labour quite rightly criticise this, but significantly fail to say what they would do.
    Hope that's clear enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Us! Who is us exactly?

We all want different things, and Brexit will deliver some fantastic opportunities for some businesses and will cause massive issues for others (supply chain for example)

The biggest losers will be the super rich not the poor, how the super rich are able to convince people who have nothing that they will have less after Brexit is laughable. No one on here in Whitehall or Brussels will know what the eventual outcome will be as it plays out, the good thing is that we can choose to make it work for the better.

Some people will moan forever, those that excel will get on with it and prosper miserable moaners never succeed in business and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Hi Kerr,

Who originally said during the referendum campaign that, in the event of leaving the EU, the UK will retain the "exact same benefits of the single market and CU"?
    Struggling with the answer Kerr?

Ill give you a clue. He played a leading part in our negotiations with the EU.

Follow up question: A key function of the opposition party is to hold the Government to account for promises it makes to the electorate. Do you agree or disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Where have I blamed Labour for the mess?
    I've said that I don't know what their Brexit policy is (does anybody?) because their leader says one thing and their Brexit secretary says something completely different.
    The Tories are making a complete mess of things, Labour quite rightly criticise this, but significantly fail to say what they would do.
    Hope that's clear enough for you.
    From what I can make out, the recurring feature of Labour's Outlook on Brexit is to protect jobs by negotiating a customs union arrangement very similar to the existing one as a priority. Of course this won't come without some concessions, probably on retaining free movement although of course, as the opposition, they are careful in not revealing that when they don't have too. But it's not rocket science to work it out. I think Labour are aware that despite the wishes of the hard brexiteers, free movement from the EU brings us a net gain and are putting jobs and the economy first.

I think that a labour Brexit would be more along the lines of the Norway agreement.

Would it split the country? Yes, of course. But we would be out of the EU, which is what we voted for. What deal wouldn't split the country in this impossible charade? But in answer to your question, I think the basic labour position is clear and oft repeated. Jobs and Customs Union = very soft Brexit.

Just whilst I'm here, has anyone any idea why the hard Brexit newspapers (Mail, Express, Sun) have in their leader headlines this week, fallen pretty much behind May's very compromised 'soft Brexit' offering. The Express and Mail are bizarre in their turnaround, from labeling folk as 'enemies of the people' to urging readers to support May on this deal?

Anyone know why this apparent turnaround?? (I'm only going on headlines, but that's how it comes across, correct me if I'm wrong again)

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    From what I can make out, the recurring feature of Labour's Outlook on Brexit is to protect jobs by negotiating a customs union arrangement very similar to the existing one as a priority. Of course this won't come without some concessions, probably on retaining free movement although of course, as the opposition, they are careful in not revealing that when they don't have too. But it's not rocket science to work it out. I think Labour are aware that despite the wishes of the hard brexiteers, free movement from the EU brings us a net gain and are putting jobs and the economy first.

I think that a labour Brexit would be more along the lines of the Norway agreement.

Would it split the country? Yes, of course. But we would be out of the EU, which is what we voted for. What deal wouldn't split the country in this impossible charade? But in answer to your question, I think the basic labour position is clear and oft repeated. Jobs and Customs Union = very soft Brexit.
    Labour are playing a childish game in that they will reject everything and anything in favour of chaos, they are career politicians who want power and will risk everything to get it.

I honestly can’t remember an opposition with so many numpties in my lifetime

Page 14 of 349 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast