+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 185 of 349 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The new Tottenham stadium is a good metaphor for the UK today .

Standing right of the top of Tottenham High Road it stands alone as a shining beacon in an extremely deprived and tough area of North London .

It's shameful that amount of money can be spent in an area such as Tottenham on a football stadium and hardly anyone within a 3 mile radius of it will ever have the opportunity to watch a game of football there .
    They certainly won't be able to afford season tickets, second most expensive after Arsenal, might be most expensive now they've got the stadium to pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I was quite interested and happy to find out the difference in donation income streams between the parties. One party recieving 2.5 times more than their nearest competitor in a 3 month election campaign doesn't seem the most democratic process don't you think? I mean, there could be a better, more democratic process couldn't there? If we really tried? No?
    If you are happy to act as some sort of sentient search engine for Zyles, that’s cool. Just be careful that you don’t get your ‘facts’ from the likes of Russia Today. I’m still puzzled about where Zyle’s question came from and its relevance to Brexit.

If your argument is that the figures demonstrate that there isn’t a level playing field, I would have thought that it’s more about what is spent on election campaigns than what is coming in and there are statutory limits on election spending. How would you level the playing field? Do you want to deny people the right to donate to political parties? And how would you value non-monetary contributions to parties? You yourself have told us how you and swarms of other activists are ready to ‘get on the knocker’ to bring Labour’s message to people’s doorsteps. I can see it now – the people of Ilford answering a knock on the door to find you standing there, all ready to explain the signs that show that the end of the world is coming, but how they can be saved simply by asking JC to come into their lives. Do you travel in twos and have little leather pouches (or plastic ones given your vegan tendencies) full of literature that further explains JC’s message of love and hope?

Back to topic. Have you worked out the difference between the Withdrawal Agreement and the Political Declaration yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Good point. In donations received in the 3 months leading up to the 2017 election:

Tories received £25 million
    Labour received £9 million
    Lib Dems received £4million
    Tories received £25 million = Premiership
    Labour received £9 million = Championship
    Lib Dems received £4million = League one

..its the same in politics, you get what you pay for

I'm worried about the consequences of a Remain vote in any second referendum. I have not seen ordinary people this worked up since the EU straight banana crisis. My cleaning lady has several times waved her mop at me with mutterings about "traitors" and she reckons her husband and his mates will march on parliament if it doesn't clash with footie on the tele.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Tories received £25 million = Premiership
    Labour received £9 million = Championship
    Lib Dems received £4million = League one

..its the same in politics, you get what you pay for
    So the Tories must be Huddersfield Town then ?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    They certainly won't be able to afford season tickets, second most expensive after Arsenal, might be most expensive now they've got the stadium to pay for.
    Aye and don't be fooled by the Spurs sound bite of using the stadium to forge community links either .

They were prepared to take the club to the London Stadium in East London had West Ham not nipped in before them .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aye and don't be fooled by the Spurs sound bite of using the stadium to forge community links either .

They were prepared to take the club to the London Stadium in East London had West Ham not nipped in before them .
    Most of the fans don't live there, same with West Ham and other London clubs, the demographics changed and they live in Es***, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Bucks.

If we get forced into EU MEP elections we should all join the Brexit Party,vote for their candidates and give the EU hell when they all get elected and believe me they will,certainly in the North of England. We have been well and truly shafted by the Establishment led parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    If we get forced into EU MEP elections we should all join the Brexit Party,vote for their candidates and give the EU hell when they all get elected and believe me they will,certainly in the North of England. We have been well and truly shafted by the Establishment led parliament.
    Problem is, the vote is going to be split, if you look at the candidate for the Newport bi-election there are 4 Brexit candidates.

Which means the rosette-voters will vote the usual suspects in again, one of the reason MPs are so arrogant because they think they're untouchable.

There needs to be an agreement, one Brexit candidate per constituency, they could split it between North and South, UKIP in the North and Brexit Party in the South.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Problem is, the vote is going to be split, if you look at the candidate for the Newport bi-election there are 4 Brexit candidates.

Which means the rosette-voters will vote the usual suspects in again, one of the reason MPs are so arrogant because they think they're untouchable.

There needs to be an agreement, one Brexit candidate per constituency, they could split it between North and South, UKIP in the North and Brexit Party in the South.
    And a much reduced majority for Labour.

They should take note.

Page 185 of 349 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast