+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 194 of 349 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Lol but better than voting for the lib dems
    Having a boil lanced is better than voting for the Lib Dems

If the Tories don't get rid of May and leave on WTO rules I think they'll be out of power for a long time.

It happened before, the party split over repealing the Corn Laws in 1846 and they didn't form a majority government again for 28 years.

Peel who backed repeal became one of the main people behind the formation of the Liberal Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You'd like to see Farage & the Brexit Party in charge but doubt they could change a light bulb, what a bizzare statement
    They're only running in the European elections and are are one-issue party ATM.

Vote Brexit Party for Brexit, simple and effective.

With the bollox they've made of things, going on holiday is the best thing they could do. Hope they stay on holiday
    Belgium didn't have a government for nearly 2 years and it made no difference.

EU commission write the laws and the civil service carry them out, don't really need MPs.

If more people knew that then maybe they'd start backing Brexit so they'd actually have something to do to earn their wages and pensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    See the Brexit Party is comfortably leading in the polls for the EU elections. This will probably scare the May/Corbyn alliance to push through some surrender agreement which only the EU will be happy about and which will avoid any elections. We can also expect a concentrated effort by the establishment and their media to discredit the Brexit Party at every opportunity.
    I have been reading the WA, it really is like a surrender document, like we fought a war against the EU and lost.

Although the reality is the EU or the German government wrote it and May accepted it without fuss or negotiation, almost like she's a Remainer or something.

Just been watching the Liaison Select Committee on Brexit with Maybot being asked by its' members, various questions most of which she skirted round giving any direct answer
    She is very accomplished in avoiding answering [I know it's stock in trade for politicians]but she takes the biscuit & was no different as Home Sec in talking out of her rear end How do we finish up with such a person
    Just by way of illustration this is verbatim of what she said on one issue
    "I think it is important in the detail of what we do that we do look at the detail because it's by looking at the detail .........[I think you get my drift]
    It's no wonder we are in such a sh1tstorm of a mess if this is the level of competence of our PM
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 01-05-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Just been watching the Liaison Select Committee on Brexit with Maybot being asked by its' members, various questions most of which she skirted round giving any direct answer
    She is very accomplished in avoiding answering [I know it's stock in trade for politicians]but she takes the biscuit & was no different as Home Sec in talking out of her rear end How do we finish up with such a person
    Just by way of illustration this is verbatim of what she said on one issue
    "I think it is important in the detail of what we do that we do look at the detail because it's by looking at the detail .........[I think you get my drift]
    It's no wonder we are in such a sh1tstorm of a mess if this is the level of competence of our PM

The devil’s in the detail

It's amazing how clueless the Tories are now, and Labour not much better, are they doing it on purpose so people will think being run by the EU is actually the better alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It's amazing how clueless the Tories are now, and Labour not much better, are they doing it on purpose so people will think being run by the EU is actually the better alternative?

But it’s not an alternative, we’re already being run by the EU

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    But it’s not an alternative, we’re already being run by the EU
    I meant after Brexit if it actually happens.

Not much point of "taking back control" if these clowns are going to be in control.

Or Corbyn/ Abbott who are both admirers of Venezuela where people are eating their pets and inflation is set to reach 10 million percent.

Page 194 of 349 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast