+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 210 of 349 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Can't remember who it was. Animal? (sorry if not you animal) but was def said by a mm Brexiteers.

Business has lots of vested interest at stake. Lost business. Isn't that obvious?
    Your post said leavers , them, [plural] but when push comes to shove you can name none just like project fear
    Just for the record I cn tellyou that Animal lost his job a short while ago but it had b ugger all to do with Brexit just rank bad management Hope he doesn't mind me saying this

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    More jobs than ever will be created once we leave the EU because we will have to hire our own people to do those jobs because the cheap labour days will be over.
    If I was an employer who had built my profits on exploiting cheap eu labour, why wouldn't I just switch to employing cheap non eu labour? After all, they make up the majority of our immigration, and compared to eu migrants, bring relatively less prosperity up the UK. Sounds like you're pushing a lose/lose situation?

If a no deal scenario was to happen, how will immigration be controlled by border between Europe/Ireland and the UK? Aren't Northern Ireland folk allowed to travel between NI and UK without showing passports and are completely opposed to s border in the Irish Sea. Won't we have to set up border contol somewhere if the EU won't? Again, not challenging, just a bimbo who doesn't know how no deal brexiters are proposing this will work
    You are confusing customs control with passport control. There will be no border control for people crossing the Irish border:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-48194071

If people want to remain and work illegaly in the UK after Brexit, traveling via Ireland seems a bit unnecessary. Surely they would do what they do now - arrive at a UK port or airport, say that they are here for tourism or to visit family and then fail to leave.

Can't remember who it was. Animal? (sorry if not you animal) but was def said by a mm Brexiteers.

Business has lots of vested interest at stake. Lost business. Isn't that obvious?
    animal did say that he feared for his job because of Brexit.

If I was an employer who had built my profits on exploiting cheap eu labour, why wouldn't I just switch to employing cheap non eu labour? After all, they make up the majority of our immigration, and compared to eu migrants, bring relatively less prosperity up the UK. Sounds like you're pushing a lose/lose situation?
    I am not going to answer your questions on the backstop etc just go back through all the pre-vote project fear stuff and im sure you will find the answer to all the questions you asked about. As for the cheap labour question the answer is that UK laws would not allow it but as of right now we cannot interfere with rules set out by the EU.

I am not going to answer your questions on the backstop etc just go back through all the pre-vote project fear stuff and im sure you will find the answer to all the questions you asked about. As for the cheap labour question the answer is that UK laws would not allow it but as of right now we cannot interfere with rules set out by the EU.
    I've already told you that I would just switch to employing cheap non eu labour. How would your new laws stop me? I'm already breaking UK laws by employing cheap labour, why do you think I'll suddenly conform now?

I just did look through articles discussing the Irish border issue before the referendum and found none except me coverage on Blair and Major jointly warning the nation that this will be an issue. If you can find evidence of national discussion and awareness of it pre vote then please do send

I've already told you that I would just switch to employing cheap non eu labour. How would your new laws stop me? I'm already breaking UK laws by employing cheap labour, why do you think I'll suddenly conform now?
    pup, you are not breaking any UK laws you are breaking UK guidelines there is a massive difference. Under EU law it is not possible to change the cheap labour mentality as there is very little we can do about it but if leave the EU we can set laws that forbid any company to use cheap labour.

I just did look through articles discussing the Irish border issue before the referendum and found none except me coverage on Blair and Major jointly warning the nation that this will be an issue. If you can find evidence of national discussion and awareness of it pre vote then please do send
    FFS pup do I have to explain everything to you!!!! look for info on the 1922 bill. Project fear mentioned it quite often before the vote.

Thanks again. But aren't brexiters looking at this as being part of the problem and post brexit, this would be tightened up so this couldn't happen? If so, wouldn't we need passport control borders? Maybe not but asking how the brexiters wish on this can be delivered?

Page 210 of 349 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast