+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 349 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Well feck me its not only the Royals who are talented but also these tories:

From the BBC news website taliking about our pm...

She revealed her husband Philip, who she described as her "rock", had helped her through it - at one point pouring her a whisky and making beans on toast.

What next? Turning the TV channel over for her on the remote...?

But really, how can we seriously fall behind people like this that are so backward. So out of touch with reality...

And we are supposed to trust her to get a good deal with the EU.

Love it! The idle rich...Pampered tories who aint done a days work in their lives living off the backs of the workers! Nowt ever changes does it?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 17-11-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Dunno about you lot but I would have thought that one of the requisites of working in the legal trade is that you have to have a fair mind and believe in fairness as part of your practice. Plainly, Kerr's continual mindless criticism of Labour policy and fawning non criticism of tory policy doesn't suggest that he has the necessary attributes to be a good lawyer.

So what can we surmise from all this? Either he is piss poor at his job and is not really suited to it or he isn't a lawyer at all. I'll let you lot decide. I already have...
    "Dunno about you lot but I would have thought that one of the requisites of working in the legal trade is that you have to have a fair mind and believe in fairness as part of your practice"

Hells' bells Roly I think you need to revisit your view of the legal trade [like your terminology though]

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Well feck me its not only the Royals who are talented but also these tories:

From the BBC news website taliking about our pm...

She revealed her husband Philip, who she described as her "rock", had helped her through it - at one point pouring her a whisky and making beans on toast.

What next? Turning the TV channel over for her on the remote...?

But really, how can we seriously fall behind political leaders like this that are so backward.

And we are supposed to trust her to get a good deal with the EU.

God help us is all that I can say!
    Didn't she compare herself with Geoffrey Boycott [mind you he is a selfish sod & a Tory & a Man U supporter so perhaps the comparison inadvertantly fits]
    Funny as all this time I don't think I've ever heard her make any reference to her having any interest in cricket
    Her spin doctors & speech writers really have their work cut out
    She'll even try dancing next I'll wager

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I don't think so. They let spending slip a little after 2005, but were generally financially responsible. As I have said elsewhere, Brown deserves massive credit for his response to the crash, but he won't get it because his face doesn't fit with the current Labour Party (unless they are trying to claim credit for something labour achieved between 1997 and 2010, at which point they 'forget' that he 'wasn't really Labour') and because he wasn't very good in front of a camera.

As for the 'New' Labour governments being run by the Tories. Ok. What does it say about the electoral prospects of the current Labour set up when it took the party to be run in that fashion for it to achieve it's longest period in power?

This is just a quick reminder.

new Labour because Britain deserves better
    Britain will be better with new Labour
    'Our case is simple: that Britain can and must be better'
    'The vision is one of national renewal, a country with drive, purpose and energy'

'In each area of policy a new and distinctive approach has been mapped out, one that differs from the old left and the Conservative right. This is why new Labour is new'

'New Labour is a party of ideas and ideals but not of outdated ideology. What counts is what works. The objectives are radical. The means will be modern'

' This is our contract with the people'

I believe in Britain. It is a great country with a great history. The British people are a great people. But I believe Britain can and must be better: better schools, better hospitals, better ways of tackling crime, of building a modern welfare state, of equipping ourselves for a new world economy.

I want a Britain that is one nation, with shared values and purpose, where merit comes before privilege, run for the many not the few, strong and sure of itself at home and abroad.

I want a Britain that does not shuffle into the new millennium afraid of the future, but strides into it with confidence.

I want to renew our country's faith in the ability of its government and politics to deliver this new Britain. I want to do it by making a limited set of important promises and achieving them. This is the purpose of the bond of trust I set out at the end of this introduction, in which ten specific commitments are put before you. Hold us to them. They are our covenant with you.

I want to renew faith in politics by being honest about the last 18 years. Some things the Conservatives got right. We will not change them. It is where they got things wrong that we will make change. We have no intention or desire to replace one set of dogmas by another.

I want to renew faith in politics through a government that will govern in the interest of the many, the broad majority of people who work hard, play by the rules, pay their dues and feel let down by a political system that gives the breaks to the few, to an elite at the top increasingly out of touch with the rest of us.

And I want, above all, to govern in a way that brings our country together, that unites our nation in facing the tough and dangerous challenges of the new economy and changed society in which we must live. I want a Britain which we all feel part of, in whose future we all have a stake, in which what I want for my own children I want for yours.

A new politics
    The reason for having created new Labour is to meet the challenges of a different world. The millennium symbolises a new era opening up for Britain. I am confident about our future prosperity, even optimistic, if we have the courage to change and use it to build a better Britain.

Hre are those 10 policies. You tell me how many they accomplished.

1 Education will be our number one priority, and we will increase the share of national income spent on education as we decrease it on the bills of economic and social failure
    2 There will be no increase in the basic or top rates of income tax

3 We will provide stable economic growth with low inflation, and promote dynamic and competitive business and industry at home and abroad

4 We will get 250,000 young unemployed off benefit and into work

5 We will rebuild the NHS, reducing spending on administration and increasing spending on patient care

6 We will be tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime, and halve the time it takes persistent juvenile offenders to come to court

7 We will help build strong families and strong communities, and lay the foundations of a modern welfare state in pensions and community care

8 We will safeguard our environment, and develop an integrated transport policy to fight congestion and pollution

9 We will clean up politics, decentralise political power throughout the United Kingdom and put the funding of political parties on a proper and accountable basis

10 We will give Britain the leadership in Europe which Britain and Europe need.

Like I said earlier, they sold us down the river with a big **** you.
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 17-11-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Agree with most of that Biglad, good post by the way, i do actually think they did do some good things, and did increase public spending on the things that matter to most folk, NHS, Schools etc but their increasing willingness to get into bed with the corporations ws their ultimate downfall, alongside the tragedy of the Iraq, Afghanistan pointless wars....

The thng is that Corbyn is much closer to real Labour values than any of the Blairite luvvies ever where....and the tripe that Kerr continues to peddle is exactly that, Corbyn's policies are common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Agree with most of that Biglad, good post by the way, i do actually think they did do some good things, and did increase public spending on the things that matter to most folk, NHS, Schools etc but their increasing willingness to get into bed with the corporations ws their ultimate downfall, alongside the tragedy of the Iraq, Afghanistan pointless wars....

The thng is that Corbyn is much closer to real Labour values than any of the Blairite luvvies ever where....and the tripe that Kerr continues to peddle is exactly that, Corbyn's policies are common sense.

They did start off very well with the extra cash for the NHS and Schools but its a shame they then went and ****ed it all up by what followed.

Any form of Conservative Government does not work for this country, it never has and never will.

Uncomfortable for you isn't it, your lawyer speak doesn't wash, when you can't, or won't answer a specific question you go into condescending mode.....by the way, if i have a chip on my shoulder, yours is a great big king edward......
    8mins in microwave then 15 minutes in oven (with a bit of lurpack on the skin to crisp it..(dont forget to stab it before microwave ) then a bit of smoked salmon with cream cheese and black pepper on...maris piper are great too..

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    8mins in microwave then 15 minutes in oven (with a bit of lurpack on the skin to crisp it..(dont forget to stab it before microwave ) then a bit of smoked salmon with cream cheese and black pepper on...maris piper are great too..
    mmmmmm, sounds delicious that....

Corbyn will bankrupt the UK, all major investors will dissapear if this numpty gets in power ( the new Michael scruffy foot)

Poverty will be off the scale if the lunatics take over the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Corbyn will bankrupt the UK, all major investors will dissapear if this numpty gets in power ( the new Michael scruffy foot)

Poverty will be off the scale if the lunatics take over the asylum
    gm, please go back a few posts and have a look at the links i posted regarding which party really is the one of fiscal responsibility, you didn't answer then, you won't answer now, when facts are put in front of you you're knackered, you really do believe the tripe don't you....

Poverty off the scale, your ignorance is absolutely astounding, once again, take a look at the link i put up from the UN report into poverty in the UK right now, absolutely exascerbated by your party's policies, you and your party like to drape yourselves in the Union flag and you're the least patriotic of them all, absolutely pathetic.

Page 22 of 349 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast