+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 241 of 349 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Well I can't believe that I have just done it, but I googled for images of Spanish fire engines and the three that I looked at were built by Mercedes, VW and MAN. Maybe it's just that the Germans are very good at building commercial vehicles? As for Dennis, maybe the market is so small that there is no value in producing Left Hand Drive variants?

Just spotted your edit. French hospitals appear to operate in much the same way as British ones in that ambulances don't actually drive into the waiting area – they would crush the patient seating there if they did.

You're making no sense at all
    You say the market is so small that there is no value in producing left hand drive variants
    How big would you say the market is for the Germans et al in producing right hand drive variants
    What a pathetic response
    My point was how our European neighbours ensure by fair means or foul that their public services use vehicles in the main produced in their particular countries

"Just spotted your edit. French hospitals appear to operate in much the same way as British ones in that ambulances don't actually drive into the waiting area – they would crush the patient seating there if they did." [/quote]

If only!

I'm not sure why we are talking Australia (but it makes a change from Spanish fire engines), but the proportion of the Australian population that came to that country as immigrants is around twice that in the UK. The net immigration rate in Australia is also higher than that of the UK (as a percentage of the population).

As for problems with xenophobes, I’m sure that every country has one. On the face of it, Australia recently exported one of theirs to New Zealand.
    There you go again not being sure {you really need to do something about your indecision] why we are talking about Australia then go on to talk about Australia
    You're making no sense at all

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Yet he continued to chair of the Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy Group (the group for right wing populist parties in the EU Parliament).
    The bloc's primary goal is the reduction in the powers of, or even the dissolving of, the European Union

Don't think he's ever hidden that ambition
    Farage's raison d'etre in fact

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    The bloc's primary goal is the reduction in the powers of, or even the dissolving of, the European Union

Don't think he's ever hidden that ambition
    Farage's raison d'etre in fact
    Its a reply to Big Lad. Jump in by all means.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Its a reply to Big Lad. Jump in by all means.

Thank you I have
    Didn't know it was by invitation only
    If you want it private send him a pm

I wouldn’t be too quick to blame only the Right for the ‘blame the immigrants’ phenomenon. On this thread, there has been a number of posts from Left leaning posters about how EU migrants are responsible for depressing wages and making the lot of the working man worse. They may have been expressed in a slightly more sympathetic way than the style of the 'they eat our carp and swans and drop litter brigade’ but they are on the same spectrum.
    Agree. Different perspective but all part of laying easy blame for perceived ills on non native people as opposed to native economic policies/world recession.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    I don't know which bit of my responses you don't understand?

I don't support any policies that are hypocritical.
    But you support Farage's hypocritical campaign?

Yes I have you're word that after the passion and energy behind the anti EU campaign, passion and energy being driven largely (but not wholly) by the idea that foreign people are to blame for our perceived domestic problems, that you would just tamely accept a 52:48 remain win.

I'll take your word for it Mr Shark. But I think with the vast majority of outraged democrats I get the feeling with the intensity of feeling expressed on this board that I might need to take that with a pinch of salt.

Only the official leader of the opposition (is that Len McCluskey or Jon Lansman... - only teasing) can move a vote of no confidence without the consent of the government business managers. Unless Bercow changes the rules.

How about a two part second referendum? On the first part of the paper, the voters are asked if they want to Leave or Remain. On the second part, which would only be looked at if Leave wins, the choice would be between the Withdrawal Agreement or No Deal.

I think a second referendum is the wrong path for the reasons that I have explained previously, but at least such a process would bring the whole thing to an end - for now.
    Iam also against a second referendum on the issue of leave or remain. This was settled already and leave was the result.
    But as our elected representatives have failed to do what they are paid for...agree the terms of leaving. Then a new referendum would be justified.
    The new referendum would also be binary
    Leave on WTO terms or leave on Mays deal
    The cost of holding the new referendum should be bourne by MPs, deductions monthly from their salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Iam also against a second referendum on the issue of leave or remain. This was settled already and leave was the result.
    But as our elected representatives have failed to do what they are paid for...agree the terms of leaving. Then a new referendum would be justified.
    The new referendum would also be binary
    Leave on WTO terms or leave on Mays deal
    The cost of holding the new referendum should be bourne by MPs, deductions monthly from their salaries.
    A most excellent post with one exception ....Mays deal does not leave the EU
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 29-05-2019 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    But you support Farage's hypocritical campaign?

Yes I have you're word that after the passion and energy behind the anti EU campaign, passion and energy being driven largely (but not wholly) by the idea that foreign people are to blame for our perceived domestic problems, that you would just tamely accept a 52:48 remain win.

I'll take your word for it Mr Shark. But I think with the vast majority of outraged democrats I get the feeling with the intensity of feeling expressed on this board that I might need to take that with a pinch of salt.
    So based on the views of others on this board you will take MY word with a pinch of salt?

Great logic displayed there Raging!!!

Page 241 of 349 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast