+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 245 of 349 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Try ANW
    Aren't you allowed to say the name? Will you be shot?

Whinging wining remoaners. You've been at it for three years. Pick your toys up and put em back in your pram. Don't forget your dummy. Also grow a pair of *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    That they never get 'called out' (as you say) amazes me. It must be that people just dont know. I call them out every chance I get. This is a country that still locks Aborinals up in compounds, that through the 20th century had a national policy to become a white only nation with a white only immigration policy and by breeding black people out of their society. They control it with a robust immigration policy as you say.

How they escaped sporting sanctions in the same way as South Africa staggeres me. I can see why many in the UK would aspire to this.

Your point in free movement needs a full answer which I will do later.

Very young nation remember All White immigration policy ended mid 70's ie 50 years ago
    Just 100 years earlier Britain was leading the world in black slave trading & many of our ruling classes still enjoy the fruits of their ancestors ill gotten gains when the British Gov't of the day actually compensated them from public funds for "loss of earnings"
    Scary isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Because I will not give them the satisfaction of having their names shown. If you dont know who they are do some research and make your own mind up.
    Hmm. ANW? Was he a celebrity chef? Always looked shifty

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Hmm. ANW? Was he a celebrity chef? Always looked shifty
    I'm getting a lot of American Ninja Warrior. Is that your fella?

I'm getting a lot of American Ninja Warrior. Is that your fella?
    Who said it was a fella?

Has to be honoured? Even if that means a no deal that the vast majority of people in Parliament and public demonstrably (by simple maths of 48% + % people who wanted a deal) don't want?

I disagree on this, although I accept that our parliament set up the leaving with no deal as a default. Too much was made of the ease of agreeing a deal, and then the problem that our pm accepted that we separate the WA from the deal itself meaning that we could never really agree what the deal would look like before parliament agreed it. All seems a big botch job to just default to allowing a no deal without at least a check to see if, democratically, the majority want this to happen.

(I thought, if we were going to go down another vote route, your idea for a two stage vote is sensible)
    I’ve always held a mixed view on Brexit. There are clearly pros and cons in both positions. The economic case for remaining is clear, but it is the political side of things that causes me concern – I think the EU lacks sufficient democratic accountability . In addition, I see trouble ahead as the core EU nations move to ever closer political union whilst the outer ring of nations, of which the UK was the lead member, resist that approach. Put bluntly that will result in tensions, compromise and fudge of the type that caused so much difficulty in the Eurozone.

It was the EU who insisted upon the future relationship ‘deal’ being separated from the Withdrawal Agreement as they argue that EU law prohibits them from negotiating the deal whilst we are still members. David Davies spent several months of the negotiations trying to draw the EU away from that position – arguing that their interpretation of the law was incorrect (or, one assumes, arguing for them to change the law), but they would have none of it. With that being the case, the only options available to the UK was to agree a Withdrawal Agreement and the separate Political Declaration or go ‘no deal’ from the outset. I wouldn’t like to comment upon whether the EU interpretation of the law is correct, but it has certainly contributed to where we are.

I’ve explained previously why I think a further referendum may prove very unhelpful and I remain of that view. I have never been comfortable with the faintly ridiculous notion that it would be ‘undemocratic’ to hold one, however. In addition, the polling data provides pause for thought in that it shows that many of the people who voted Leave won’t be around to live with the consequences. It will be the Remain generations who have to do that.

I think my two stage referendum is eminently sensible (maybe you could suggest it to Wes? - not teasing). I doubt if it could happen, because the hard Brexiteers would know that it is likely to result in remaining or the May deal being accepted.

Enjoy the read.

Nigel Farage has quit Ukip after 25 years, saying the party he led to its greatest election successes was now unrecognisable because of the “fixation” with the anti-Muslim policies of its leader, Gerard Batten.

Farage, who took Ukip to third place by number of votes in the 2015 election and significantly shaped the ground for the Brexit referendum, said he was dismayed by Batten’s policies and his decision to appoint the far-right campaigner Tommy Robinson as an adviser.

Writing in the Daily Telegraph, Farage condemned Batten’s decision to throw Ukip’s support behind an anti-Brexit demonstration in London on Sunday organised by Robinson and his associates, saying it was likely to “inspire violence and thuggish behaviour”.

“My heart sinks as I reflect on the idea that they may be seen by some as representative of the cause for which I have campaigned for so much of my adult life,” wrote Farage, who regularly contributes a column to the newspaper. “The very idea of Tommy Robinson being at the centre of the Brexit debate is too awful to contemplate.

He couldn't be any more open than that could he?
    Why is Farage talking to some of these characters then?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-eu-parliament

It does not matter that you think he would be a good leader or not just as it seems that the new DEMOCRATIC rules brought it in for the last election dont matter either. Merkel backing a candidate that has no experience in leading anything let alone lead the EU.

Because the EU vote has gone the way the leaders never thought it would they are now wanting to change the rules again so throwing the DEMOCRATIC version of the new rulesout of the window. Typicle.
    Of course it doesn't matter whether I think Weber would be a good choice as I will have no say in the appointment. It remains the fact that he would be a good appointment, however, as whatever happens with Brexit, we have a lot of negotiations with the EU to come and it would be better to have a Anglophile on their team rather than someone like Juncker, who really doesn't like us.

What do you mean about the rules for the election being changed? Which election? Which changes?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Come on guys, Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage? Really? They are both imbeciles you only have to look at them to know that. They are borderline insane and that's being generous.Can you really trust your lives. families etc with the likes of these 2? Constantly ridiculed in the press and media apart from the right wing media that is. How anyone with any slight left leanings on here can entertain them I will never know. They are not one bit for the working man of this country no matter what they tell you. The BREXIT they have in their heads is nothing like the one you have in yours.They are all sound bites and bull shyte and they are fooling the masses just like Thatcher did. And what a wonderful woman she turned out to be. Not saying you can't have a brexit but reject the fools.
    Come on, Roly... They are both imbeciles you only have to look at them to know that. You can do better than that.

Johnson is a socially liberal moderate on just about every issue other than Brexit. He managed to be re-elected as Mayor in a Labour dominated London (don't mention the Garden Bridge), which has to say something. It is the foot-in-mouth thing that is worrying with his gaffe on Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe being particularly unforgivable for me.

Page 245 of 349 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast