+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 259 of 349 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Only suspended.

Trump and Juncker held a meeting last year about restarting negotiations.

Won't be called TTIP anymore but it will be the same thing.
    The NHS was not on the table in TTIP. That said all 28 EU countries need to ratify the agreement for TTIP to go through. If we didnt like any part of the agreement we could simply vote against.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    What like beef with BSE in it that can literally turn your brain into a sponge?

I'll take the chlorinated chicken thanks.

We can't lecture anyone.
    Come on mate. Hardly any BSE cases nowadays (last in 2015 I think) and the regulators are well on top of it when there is a small breakout. Hundreds die in the US from salmonella each year, none in the UK in the last few years. Chlorine's not the biggest concern, it's that it's used to cover for lower hygiene standards and doesn't seem to work completely.

I don't even eat meat but I'd rather those that do stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    Come on mate. Hardly any BSE cases nowadays (last in 2015 I think) and the regulators are well on top of it when there is a small breakout. Hundreds die in the US from salmonella each year, none in the UK in the last few years. Chlorine's not the biggest concern, it's that it's used to cover for lower hygiene standards and doesn't seem to work completely.

I am all in favour of dealing with the USA on many things but the food hygiene of the farmers in the US is basically raise it kill it wash it in Chlorine and hope for the best. Not a good plan in my view. It would also force our own farmers to lower their standards to compete or go out of business which is then defeating the Brexit call of doing the right thing for our own people.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    I am all in favour of dealing with the USA on many things but the food hygiene of the farmers in the US is basically raise it kill it wash it in Chlorine and hope for the best. Not a good plan in my view. It would also force our own farmers to lower their standards to compete or go out of business which is then defeating the Brexit call of doing the right thing for our own people.
    True. But the ambassador on the Marr show made it quite clear that if we are to take the trade deal, we will have to take their food standards.

Forced by another country to accept conditions we don't want.

That sound familiar?

Just because the American ambassador voices his opinion it does not make it fact. People believe what they want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Just because the American ambassador voices his opinion it does not make it fact. People believe what they want to believe.
    He was quite unequivocal on it Stovic. Marr pressed the point and the ambassador was quite clear in that "the British people will have a choice in what they buy" clearly inferring that US food/agricultural product previously barred by EU standards will be sold in the UK for those wishing to buy such products.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post

You clearly have no understanding of what makes the US tick
    Just regard it as a portent of things to come

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    True. But the ambassador on the Marr show made it quite clear that if we are to take the trade deal, we will have to take their food standards.

Forced by another country to accept conditions we don't want.

That sound familiar?
    You see rp the Yanks, on contemplating the best strategy, get straight in with what they expect,you now a bit like Maybot did a couple of years ago with the EU
    & isn't that why we're in the sh1t mess we are in
    Don't particularly like the Yanks but we surely could learn a lesson or two

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post

There are more salmonella deaths in the UK than the USA by size of population, 119 per year in USA, 67 here.

You've fallen for the pro-Remain BBC's misinformation.

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/fact-...fact-checkers/
    Last edited by great_fire; 05-06-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Front page of the Daily Mirror today "hands off our beloved NHS", I can only think that they must go private and haven't had to use it much.

Mind you none of us gets to use it much now, you can't get a GP appointment and they tell you to go to a (private) pharmacy instead.

Page 259 of 349 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309 ... LastLast