+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 349 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I think there are as many visions of Brexit as there were Brexit voters, many of them wholly unrealistic - I was threatened with a ban on Tykes Mad for pointing that out at the time. I was upsetting people apparently. I was just trying to debate the point.

The vote happened and we are where we are. Woe betide the political party that seeks to go back on that. Another referendum is Lib Dem policy and look at how the 2017 GE worked out for them.
    Totally agree.

Just out of interest why are the Remoaners so confident that a second referendum would reverse the decision of the first one. What if it didn't? What would they propose then? Best of 5? Double or quits? Rock, paper, scissors? Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Just out of interest why are the Remoaners so confident that a second referendum would reverse the decision of the first one. What if it didn't? What would they propose then? Best of 5? Double or quits? Rock, paper, scissors? Who knows?
    What if Leave dont get the deal they envisaged? Farage is in the campaign trail and Rees Mogg is trying to bring the PM down.

I think there are as many visions of Brexit as there were Brexit voters, many of them wholly unrealistic - I was threatened with a ban on Tykes Mad for pointing that out at the time. I was upsetting people apparently. I was just trying to debate the point.

The vote happened and we are where we are. Woe betide the political party that seeks to go back on that. Another referendum is Lib Dem policy and look at how the 2017 GE worked out for them.

Who threatened you with a ban?
    Link please

Wish somebody would threaten him with a ban on here and give us all a feckin rest...

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    What if Leave dont get the deal they envisaged? Farage is in the campaign trail and Rees Mogg is trying to bring the PM down.
    Parliament will deal with that.
    The result of the referendum was "leave," there were no caveats.

Yet many differing opinion on Leave. What is your vision of Leave?

We know exactly what the proposed withdrawal deal is. It's available on line if you have a few days to spare to read it. It's a withdrawal deal with the intended to be temporary backstop and the political statement that I linked to being the only elements that touch upon a future relationship. I can't make it any clearer for you. You are barking up the wrong tree.
    You said that's May's deal is less restrictive than the Norwegian model". Please could you back that up with specifics as requested?

Is leaving with a CU deal that allows friction-less trade, negotiated at the expense of the continuation of free movement = 'Leave'

Formally we wouldn't be in the EU anymore.

So therefore this satisfies the 'Leave' criteria doesn't it? Does it satisfy your interpretation of it?

This is the problem. The vote just said 'Leave' or 'Remain'. Maybe it should have said 'Leave onto WTO trade terms' - would that have helped? You might have struggled to get the 52% though.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Is leaving with a CU deal that allows friction-less trade, negotiated at the expense of the continuation of free movement = 'Leave'

Formally we wouldn't be in the EU anymore.

So therefore this satisfies the 'Leave' criteria doesn't it? Does it satisfy your interpretation of it?

This is the problem. The vote just said 'Leave' or 'Remain'. Maybe it should have said 'Leave onto WTO trade terms' - would that have helped? You might have struggled to get the 52% though.
    The "Leave" or "Remain" decision wasn't just about trade though was it? There were lots of issues that people on both sides may have considered.
    Wouldn't it have been nice if, just for once, all the parties would have pulled together to deliver what people voted for? After all this is the biggest issue facing the country since World War 2 and that's probably the last time there was any sort of political unity.
    I have little time for politicians of any party as they are mainly a bunch of self-interested hypocrites and the current antics of both the major parties are cringeworthy, not to mention potentially damaging to the people they are supposed to serve.

Page 30 of 349 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast