+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 320 of 349 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

It's still NOT going to happen.

What if the vote in parliament is tied and the Speaker gets a casting vote? Doesn't bear thinking about 🥺

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Amazingly serial agitator Corbyn managed to pass judgment on the deal without actually seeing it. It will be interesting to see how many Labour MP's in Leave voting constituencies have the courage to defy their communist leaders and vote in accordance with their voters wishes. Not many i imagine because they'll put self interest first.
    Yes a Labour MP was challenged on 5Live about this yesterday.
    Twenty minutes after it was released Corbyn has condemned it and his colleague was asked how he could have read and digested the text on a 60 page document in such a short time.
    Jezza can see his career slipping away so he's now into self preservation

At least the labour MP was honest and said although I'll read it in full I'll never vote for it because it isn't what I want. I don't think it's the right thing to do. As an MP I'm going to vote for what I think is the best for the British public. In other words it was all about what he wanted not what the people voted for. A really good example of someone not doing the job they were elected to do
    Last edited by flourbasher; 18-10-2019 at 10:58 AM.

After after all the ballyhoo about NO DEAL taken off the table through the surrender act.Parliamentarians demanded we have a deal.I f they now turn this down,it will show us they were going for NO BREXIT not NO DEAL.The undemocratic poison inside parliament is toxic. More than 400 MPs have leave majorities,this should have been passed through on March 29th.How can these MPs sleep at night?

Extra time and then pens mellow

Extra ttimelineime and then pens mellow

It's up to Boris if he can give hard reassurances on environmental protection and workers rights protection he will win enough labour mps over. The fact that he hasn't yet suggests that they are not part of the agreement. I can't think that the erg who are supposedly backing this will have any interest in supporting workers rights tho

REAKING
    New deal court case adjourns
    James Shaw

BBC Scotland reporter

A court exploring whether Boris Johnson's new Brexit deal is unlawful has adjourned.

Judge Lord Pentland tells the Court of Session in Edinburgh he hopes to give his decision by 1700 BST.

What happens if he declares the new brexit deal unlawful?
    Could this be challenged? In the European courts?

Whats tha reckon Kerry pops?

Think this lass has got it about right by the way. As usual shooting from the hip....

'We are being asked to trust Johnson'
    Labour MP Jess Phillips tweets...

Labour MP Jess Phillips
    UK Parliament’Copyright: UK Parliament’
    Labour MP Jess Phillips says in a tweet: "We are being asked to trust Johnson to care for our constituents when his whole career he has voted to impoverish them, reduce their rights, limit their protections at work..."
    Last edited by rolymiller; 18-10-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Extra ttimelineime and then pens mellow

It's up to Boris if he can give hard reassurances on environmental protection and workers rights protection he will win enough labour mps over. The fact that he hasn't yet suggests that they are not part of the agreement. I can't think that the erg who are supposedly backing this will have any interest in supporting workers rights tho
    Roly, sweetness, how can any Parliamentarian give hard reassurances upon the issues you refer to?

After the Brexit envisaged by the proposed deal, it will be the UK Parliament that sets the law, not Boris Johnson or the EU.

I still find it bizarre that Labour apparently doesn't want the UK Parliament that it is a part of to be able to set its own laws and wants to sub-contract the work to Brussels. Can you explain or justify that?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    REAKING
    New deal court case adjourns
    James Shaw

BBC Scotland reporter

A court exploring whether Boris Johnson's new Brexit deal is unlawful has adjourned.

Judge Lord Pentland tells the Court of Session in Edinburgh he hopes to give his decision by 1700 BST.

What happens if he declares the new brexit deal unlawful?
    Could this be challenged? In the European courts?

Whats tha reckon Kerry pops?

Think this lass has got it about right by the way. As usual shooting from the hip....

'We are being asked to trust Johnson'
    Labour MP Jess Phillips tweets...

Labour MP Jess Phillips
    UK Parliament’Copyright: UK Parliament’
    Labour MP Jess Phillips says in a tweet: "We are being asked to trust Johnson to care for our constituents when his whole career he has voted to impoverish them, reduce their rights, limit their protections at work..."
    The fact that the judge is going to give his judgement today says that he has already made up his mind, but wants a cup of tea and time to write it up.

I'm no constitutional lawyer, but I would have thought this is an easy decision. As the first Gina Miller case reminded us, Parliament is supreme and takes precedence over Crown prerogative. The notion that Parliament should be denied the opportunity to vote on the exercise of the prerogative strikes me as absurd and of scraping the bottom of the legal barrel.

But I'm not a constitutional lawyer.

Thanks for that but we have been surprised before. I would be surprised myself if it is a surprise because it would certainly throw a spanner in the works and have massive implications.

Page 320 of 349 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330 ... LastLast