+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 51 of 175 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

  1. #1001
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,392
    Flipping eck. Just realised this is the 1000th post on this thread! And yet, if it went on for another 1000 nobody would be surprised.

  2. #1002
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,514
    Nearly 2 months Ive waited to be the 1000th poster on this thread and some fat little gnome pre-emps me during a toilet break

  3. #1003
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    10,122
    Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Nearly 2 months Ive waited to be the 1000th poster on this thread and some fat little gnome pre-emps me during a toilet break

  4. #1004
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    14,434
    Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Flipping eck. Just realised this is the 1000th post on this thread! And yet, if it went on for another 1000 nobody would be surprised.
    And still nobody can agree on owt ......... anywhere !!!

  5. #1005
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,078
    I last dropped into look at this thread when it was at about post 400. I canít see that itís moved much further forward. It seems to me your playing a game of tug of war with each side pulling at the opposite end of a cemented in railing...

    Still it seems youíre all enjoying yourselves so no harm done.

    Iíll come and have another look when you pass 1500.

    Carry on...

  6. #1006
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    14,434
    Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I last dropped into look at this thread when it was at about post 400. I canít see that itís moved much further forward. It seems to me your playing a game of tug of war with each side pulling at the opposite end of a cemented in railing...

    Still it seems youíre all enjoying yourselves so no harm done.

    Iíll come and have another look when you pass 1500.

    Carry on...
    Having watched the last two QT on the bbc it would appear that audience and non MP panelists talk the most sense .

    The Labour MP Healey spent the entire programme rubbishing the tory government and pushing for the unicorn good deal .

    The tory who had some job within the brexit process admitted she wasn't part of the negotiations and therefore the deal which was rejected and she voted against too wasn't her fault .

    So what were you doing inside the process , making the sandwiches ?

    As Nick Ferrari said

    " you were given a mandate by the people to deliver brexit " ?

    " why haven't you done it yet "

  7. #1007
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Having watched the last two QT on the bbc it would appear that audience and non MP panelists talk the most sense .

    The Labour MP Healey spent the entire programme rubbishing the tory government and pushing for the unicorn good deal .

    The tory who had some job within the brexit process admitted she wasn't part of the negotiations and therefore the deal which was rejected and she voted against too wasn't her fault .

    So what were you doing inside the process , making the sandwiches ?

    As Nick Ferrari said

    " you were given a mandate by the people to deliver brexit " ?

    " why haven't you done it yet "
    Response to Nick Ferrari: Because the referendum choice did not specify what Leave would look like. Hence the confusion and chaos.

    It should have been 'Leave on WTO terms' v 'Remain'

    But it wasn't so we're screwed. Unless of course, the clock is allowed to run down to No Deal, in which case a minority of MPs and public will be royally delighted. But without a national mandate for this, I can't see it running through. Just a case of how it will be blocked and how we then break the deadlock beyond that.

  8. #1008
    Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Having watched the last two QT on the bbc it would appear that audience and non MP panelists talk the most sense .

    The Labour MP Healey spent the entire programme rubbishing the tory government and pushing for the unicorn good deal .

    The tory who had some job within the brexit process admitted she wasn't part of the negotiations and therefore the deal which was rejected and she voted against too wasn't her fault .

    So what were you doing inside the process , making the sandwiches ?

    As Nick Ferrari said

    " you were given a mandate by the people to deliver brexit " ?

    " why haven't you done it yet "
    John Healey is my local MP.

    Itís hard to criticise him to be honest because if he doesnít like whatís said about him he takes court action.

    He has a very low profile in the local area, I reckon there are many around here that wouldnít be able to tell you who the local MP is.

  9. #1009
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    369
    It's only my opinion but it was leave or remain every house hold had a leaflet put thro their letter box explaining what would happen. If all politician's had got behind brexit instead of spending their time undermining trying to derail and delay brexit we could have got a better deal. If you speak with one voice the other side have to take you seriously its just my opinion

  10. #1010
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    It's only my opinion but it was leave or remain every house hold had a leaflet put thro their letter box explaining what would happen. If all politician's had got behind brexit instead of spending their time undermining trying to derail and delay brexit we could have got a better deal. If you speak with one voice the other side have to take you seriously its just my opinion
    Exactly!

    Too many remainers trying to overturn the referendum result from the off. BANG OUT OF ORDER!

    They should have accepted the result and got on with helping to negotiate a Brexit that reflected the closeness of the vote rather than try to screw the whole thing up.

    Another one to add to Blair's catalogue of crimes.

  11. #1011
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    Exactly!

    Too many remainers trying to overturn the referendum result from the off. BANG OUT OF ORDER!

    They should have accepted the result and got on with helping to negotiate a Brexit that reflected the closeness of the vote rather than try to screw the whole thing up.

    Another one to add to Blair's catalogue of crimes.

    Wouldn't a Brexit that reflected the closeness of the vote of 52:48 be a very soft Brexit? If it is found that the majority of the house fall behind a soft Brexit (leave with CU and close alignment with the SM, which would I think reflect the national public feeling as far as we can gauge it with 48% remaining and x% wanting to leave with a deal and small but significant minority wanting No Deal) and take that to the EU for agreement, would you be happy with that? After all, it would satisfy Stovic's wish that MPs speak with one voice enough to secure a deal?

  12. #1012
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    369
    For me it was a vote to leave the EU not have one foot in the door. Leave completely. We all been let down by the politicians

  13. #1013
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Wouldn't a Brexit that reflected the closeness of the vote of 52:48 be a very soft Brexit? If it is found that the majority of the house fall behind a soft Brexit (leave with CU and close alignment with the SM, which would I think reflect the national public feeling as far as we can gauge it with 48% remaining and x% wanting to leave with a deal and small but significant minority wanting No Deal) and take that to the EU for agreement, would you be happy with that? After all, it would satisfy Stovic's wish that MPs speak with one voice enough to secure a deal?
    "Happy" is the wrong word but personally, yes, I'd be prepared to go with something along those lines in light of the marginal vote. Norway plus? It wouldn't necessarily have to be straight EEA membership but that type of alignment is probably the best option.

    However the cookie crumbled after such a close vote there was always going to be strong arguments on both sides.
    A big hindrance to moving things forward though has been staunch remainers trying to reverse the vote. That will solve nothing.

    We're not going to "have our cake and eat it" but everything was/is up for negotiation. Who knows what we could achieve if "all our side were on onside".

  14. #1014
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,392
    Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Nearly 2 months Ive waited to be the 1000th poster on this thread and some fat little gnome pre-emps me during a toilet break
    PMSL lincs. I 'll have you know I'm not that little! Bet your the one who always gets gazumped
    at the last second on eBay as well.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 25-01-2019 at 02:40 PM.

  15. #1015
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    369
    Well said

  16. #1016
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    369
    My reply was to redshank sorry bout that

  17. #1017
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    "Happy" is the wrong word but personally, yes, I'd be prepared to go with something along those lines in light of the marginal vote. Norway plus? It wouldn't necessarily have to be straight EEA membership but that type of alignment is probably the best option.

    However the cookie crumbled after such a close vote there was always going to be strong arguments on both sides.
    A big hindrance to moving things forward though has been staunch remainers trying to reverse the vote. That will solve nothing.

    We're not going to "have our cake and eat it" but everything was/is up for negotiation. Who knows what we could achieve if "all our side were on onside".
    Good post.

  18. #1018
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    For me it was a vote to leave the EU not have one foot in the door. Leave completely. We all been let down by the politicians
    For you, yes. But what about the rest of the country, the Leave voters that don't want no deal, the remain voters = the majority of the country. Redshank's way is the way to go - find a consensus in Parliament, that broadly represents the consensus of ALL of the people who live in the UK, form a deal around that consensus and take that to the EU. That's how it should have been seeing as we ballsed up the wording on the vote...

  19. #1019
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    369
    You're probably right. I just feel so angry with our politicians for ignoring the voters. Our politician's call some African countries politician's bent well ours are just as bad. Don't mean gay by the way

  20. #1020
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    You're probably right. I just feel so angry with our politicians for ignoring the voters. Our politician's call some African countries politician's bent well ours are just as bad. Don't mean gay by the way
    Ignoring sounds quite strong but I get what you mean. But lots of the MPs represent constituencies that voted Remain, some heavily so. Obviously all are representing their constituencies as well as their own judgements based on multiple evidence sources. Hence a wild mix of MPs arguing different causes, and with no strong leadership strategy that aimed to reconcile the different views into a cohesive deal that would command a majority. Instead I think we have been led by a person that has tried to simply reconcile her own party, and not even achieved that.

Page 51 of 175 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •