+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 62 of 349 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

I would have preferred for the government to have the vote and lose it. Then we could have cracked on planning for an exit with a series of mini deals on key areas such as security and air traffic control, which seems the only viable way forward. Unless Parliament dodges the issue and votes for the calamity of another referendum, that is.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 10-12-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Last week, we had RP finding wisdom in the words of an aging folk musician and this week we have you finding it in those of a right wing, public school boy sounding ‘vlogger’ who makes money out of putting up controversial videos for the weak minded and unquestioning to view and share.

Doesn’t it bother you that the video is factually incorrect? He rails against the May deal, explaining that the electorate voted for an end to free movement, membership of the single market and the making of outrageous payments to the EU budget. The May deal delivers all of that…

He also says that people voted for an end to the jurisdiction of the European Court of Human Rights… Really? The ECHR has nothing to do with the EU.
    No the May deal does not deliver all of that
    & I think you know he meant ECJ
    so a simple correction would have been sufficient but no you have to make a statement "really" intended to belittle & diminish his position

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Anybody who wants to deny the democratic vote of the people!!!.Why are these people so obsessed in staying in this dictatorial organisation, which we have subsidised over so many years.Take the blinkers off and see why the likes of the dodgepot billionaire Soros is financing project fear.Time for Corbyn to wake up and let us know what he REALLY thinks about the EU.May is a remainer,Corbyn is against staying tied up to this corrupt club but why is he so quiet.Stick to your principles,come out and be brave.
    Again, I respect how much leaving the EU means to many people Bill. For me, it’s not about any obsession for staying with the EU – it’s just that we have woven 40 years of trading agreements and arrangements with the other member states and that we benefit from being able to move goods easily between the countries and also move ourselves easily between countries. To suddenly tear ourselves away from such intricate arrangements seems to me not a project fear outcome: it’s a logical outcome of what will happen when a trading nation abruptly severs its agreements with much of a continent and terminates the economic benefits that this has been bringing us. As one poster said, they think it will cost them their job but he is willing to brave that. I respect those feelings but can’t you likewise respect that many people are also intelligent enough to read around the issues, from both perspectives, weigh up the risks and decide that they are not willing to take such extreme risks?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Great news for exporters then
    Indeed. But bad news for importers - particularly those that import component parts for their manufacturing processes (I understand 68% of imports from the EU is for this reason) and goods that are passed straight on to consumers in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    No the May deal does not deliver all of that
    & I think you know he meant ECJ
    so a simple correction would have been sufficient but no you have to make a statement "really" intended to belittle & diminish his position
    Which bits of his wish list do you say would not have been delivered by the May deal? And doesn't it worry you that you are having to explain that he apparently meant the ECJ when he referred to the ECHR?

No it doesn't
    Not everyone is such a clever d1ck as you & the mistake in referring to the ECHR instead was just that

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    No it doesn't
    Not everyone is such a clever d1ck as you & the mistake in referring to the ECHR instead was just that
    Doesn't it bother you that he gives his hobby as Lefty bashing then?

And which bits of his wish list do you say would not have been delivered by the May deal?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Doesn't it bother you that he gives his hobby as Lefty bashing then?

And which bits of his wish list do you say would not have been delivered by the May deal?
    No it doesn't he'd make a good apprentice for yourself
    I didn't answer your wish list question
    Bloody annoying isn't it?

Not in the slightest!

Quite enjoy the thought of these supposed 'intelligent' folks on here lauding tory party policy's when i don't ever recall, ever, such a shambolic and incompetent government, a government with no mandate, with no power, clinging on for dear life while the country burns.

No integrity in this gov't whatsoever, alongside those that still.....still, support it, keep up the waffle Kerr, keep up the bull and the lies, i'm laughing my head off at you because you're as fake as this gov't, you deserve each other!!

Page 62 of 349 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast