+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 70 of 349 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Seems like there will be a no confidence move on May tomorrow. Apparently the 48 letters have been received. Another fun day ahead in Happyland.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Well I'll say my bit again too.

Post 1956 you are talking about the 11 years of Labour government in the period 1964 to 1979 to which I have referred to above (3 of which were under the supervision of the IMF who made Callaghan slash the budget deficit that his government was running) and the 13 years of non-Labour Labour government 1997 to 2010. With such limited data and with the overlay of world economic conditions, I would argue that IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DRAW THE CONCLUSION YOU ARE TRYING TO DRAW (I don't understand why you capitalising but thought I'd give it a go – it didn’t do anything for me). I do recall the seventies, however and am happy to draw conclusions from that.
    So you are not asserting then that the Conservative government have a better historical record over the last 70 years than Labour? Just to be clear?

Are we still having a Festival Of Brexit ?

Not heard it mentioned for a day or two and I need to book the time off work .

Anyone got an update , thanks in advance !!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Are we still having a Festival Of Brexit ?

Not heard it mentioned for a day or two and I need to book the time off work .

Anyone got an update , thanks in advance !!!
    Enjoy the event. You will emerge poorer in every sense.

Maybe you are happy that youve deen conned by Rees Mogg and his European Research group. Remember he champions no deal yet reveals we will not see any economic benefit for 50 years. While the rest of UK busnesses suffers he is ok safe in the knowledge his investment company has its head office in Dublin with direct access to EU markets.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Ala forest Gump....

Now, in the words of your Prime Minister, regarding Labour party policy, NOTHING HAS CHANGED.....NOTHING HAS CHANGED...no amount of your spin can change that, i can see straight through you, full of bull that probably fools most people, fooled me for a bit, granted...

I've only ever called anyone a liar once, you Kerr, you're the liar and you know it.
    Ok. Here's the link to the Labour manifesto that you gave to adventus:

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/negotiating-brexit/

Can you point out the bit where it says that Labour respects the result of the referendum but intend to support the holding of another one?

And here's a link to the thread where you called adventus a liar for suggeting that Labour were supporting a further referendum: http://boards.footymad.net/showthrea...4#post39044904 Post 18

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Facts are facts, are you saying the years from 1997-2010 didn't have a labour gov't Mr Lawyer?????

You see, your spin cannot change facts, it might sway weak minded folk, but facts never change, in a court of law i'd be laughing my ballacks off at you right now.....
    There are numerous posts on this site and Tykes Mad in which Labour supporters disown the 1997 to 2010 governments, saying that they were not real Labour. All the usual buzz words like neoliberal, Tory Lite and Thatcherite were used. I have always assumed that Labour supporters would be the expert on such things.

Fairly recently, I heard Diane Abbott disowning the 1997 to 2010 governments, telling someone who was interviewing her that the Labour Party was 'under new management'. I would hesitate from calling her an expert on anything, but would agree that the economic policies that they practiced bear little resemblance to those of the 60s/70s Labour Party and to current Labour policies.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 12-12-2018 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    So you are not asserting then that the Conservative government have a better historical record over the last 70 years than Labour? Just to be clear?
    Hell! I even capitalised my position for you, but you are still misrepresenting it. I think it impossible to draw any particular conclusions from the studies to which you refer.

Just out of curiosity, why did you first link to the report if you think it demonstrates no difference between Labour and Conservative governments on economic performance? I can’t recall and don't have time to look it up at the moment.

Do you know of any studies that make the comparison without taking account of the 13 years of non-Labour Labour government between 1997 and 2010? That would be a jolly interesting one.

And what did you mean by 'alignment'?

A vote of no confidence has been announced. The chief whip has received 48 letters which automatically triggers the vote of no confidence.

Scary times ahead!

Anyone looking forward to PM Boris Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Save that my point is based on fact whereas yours is very dodgy speculation. It was Callaghan not Wilson who had to go cap in hand to the IMF in 1976 and, in the 12 years preceding that event, there had been 8 years of Labour government and 4 of Conservative.

I think you have just hit the ball on the turn and blasted it into the top corner of your own net. And that’s an own goal no matter what the decade.
    It was inflation that caused devaluation of the pound. These events had its roots in the period Heath was leader. You said in a previous post it was due to international events outside the control of our domestic government (which I agree). Yet you blame the Labour for the continuation of same economic problem when they came to power in 74. I thought you dealt in fact?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    A vote of no confidence has been announced. The chief whip has received 48 letters which automatically triggers the vote of no confidence.

Scary times ahead!

Anyone looking forward to PM Boris Johnson?
    The party that just keeps giving.

Page 70 of 349 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast