+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 72 of 349 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Alignment = prob not best word (I'm a drama graduate not a bloody lawyer!) - but I mean it to be 'similar to', as in retain aspects of the SM and CU. Surely there was enough context in the rest of the post to work out what I'm suggesting?

But we of course will have to digressify enough to satisfactiate the spirit of the referendum, obviously.
    I understand the meaning of the word alignment. I was interested in what you had in mind when you proposed a deal that ‘aligns with’ the Single Market and Customs Union. Help me with that. On which points do your propose alignment and upon which points do you propose divergence? And how are you proposing that the technical details and governance will work? I fully accept, of course, that you will have carefully thought this through and aren’t merely repeating meaningless soundbites from Labour’s six bullet point plan.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 12-12-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Think she will scrape through toneet but nowts gonna chamge about Brexit. Can't help thinking that the tories are shooting themselves in the foot for the next general elaection keeping her on if thats what they do because the public wont easily forgive her for this balls up, If they were to change their leader now then at least at the next election they could say it wasnt the new leaders fault. Still every little helps to get shut of all of em at the next GE.
    2022 is a long way away and people forget. I would also not be surprised if May passes the baton after Brexit. Labour will have its own problems with credibility given its move towards a second referendum despite its manifesto promise.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I linked the report as, interestingly it showed (as I expressed in my comments at the time), that Labour, since 1956 with the exception of the mid 70s, performed just as well as, if not better than, the Conservatives in ALL (just winding you up x) economic indicators. The down side (for social justice warriors like us) was that there was little difference in overall public spending between the two parties (historically). In fact Thatcher, in real terms, spent more than Labour on social infrastructure! Surprising innit? A point I made clear at the time. A quite impartial conclusion don't you think from a rabid member of Momentum like myself?

By all means, use the data I provided to compare the two parties with the exclusion of the 97-10 Labour party. But you will find that there is very little difference. Go ahead, and report back, do. Obviously damage was done by the 74-78 years in people's minds (but of course should include, in any intelligent analysis the decade leading up to it) when a Labour Government presided over a mess. No excuses from me. Just a shame that this is all you've got to try and shoot down the forces that, let's face it, are coming in to overwhelm you...
    I'm guessing you don't remember 1974 to 1979? If you did you would know that damage was done in more than people's minds.

You seem to me moving from a position where the report showed nothing to where it showed Labour in a good light... I think animal's fluidity problem may be catching.

If you've done an analysis that allows you to make the comment that you will find that there is very little difference by excluding 1997 to 2010, why don’t you share it?

By 2022, I’m hoping to be retired and living in France, so I doubt if I will be overwhelmed. If a Corbyn stylee Labour government gets in, history suggests you and the other people who vote them in will be underwhelmed and quickly looking to replace them with the Tories.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 12-12-2018 at 07:08 PM.

May will win tonight of that I am certain but for gods sake I hope Labour dont use this to force a vote of no confidence because thats all we need at this point. It would be self serving of Labour to push for a GE right now and it would not be good for the country.

I hope she stays in power and goes back to the EU with a backbone this time and tell them how it is going to be. We either get what we want or we leave with no deal.

100% agree with your post Biglad. Even though deepdown she's a Remainer you have to admire May for her doggedness. The Labour party's approach to this scenario has been appalling and convinced me never to vote for them again. Even more so now general public apathy to politics has allowed the communist Momentum brigade to take over the Party. Still worry the predominantly Remain parliament will continue with project fear and ignore us plebs,the voters.

The Conservatives have made an unholy mess of this and thoroughly deserve the sh*t storm that's come their way..........but do people seriously think the likes of Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott are the answer? Really? Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    May will win tonight of that I am certain but for gods sake I hope Labour dont use this to force a vote of no confidence because thats all we need at this point. It would be self serving of Labour to push for a GE right now and it would not be good for the country.

I hope she stays in power and goes back to the EU with a backbone this time and tell them how it is going to be. We either get what we want or we leave with no deal.
    Corbyn is the leader of the opposition. He doesn't have to force a no confidence vote - he just has to ask for one. He won't because he would lose.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The Conservatives have made an unholy mess of this and thoroughly deserve the sh*t storm that's come their way..........but do people seriously think the likes of Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott are the answer? Really? Wow!
    This country has been a sh*t storm for millions of people since the tories have been in power, and it continues, yet people are so blinded by the media bias it really is unreal....and wow, really wow...

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Ok. Here's the link to the Labour manifesto that you gave to adventus:

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/negotiating-brexit/

Can you point out the bit where it says that Labour respects the result of the referendum but intend to support the holding of another one?

And here's a link to the thread where you called adventus a liar for suggeting that Labour were supporting a further referendum: http://boards.footymad.net/showthrea...4#post39044904 Post 18
    Ah, once again a clever use of words trying to flannel folk, pathetic, the labour party position is exactly the same now as it was then, please stop implying that it isn't, and once again, i aint the liar here, you know who that is, proven.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    This country has been a sh*t storm for millions of people since the tories have been in power, and it continues, yet people are so blinded by the media bias it really is unreal....and wow, really wow...
    I don't think there's a group of politicians in the country who know how to deal with this mess and I've never understood why some people have blind faith in one party or another.

Page 72 of 349 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast