+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 85 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Wouldn't it have been nice to see politicians from both major parties working together to achieve the best outcome for the country when it faces some of the most important issues since the Second World War?
    No chance! Self interest and petty party politics get in the way and the will of the people gets kicked into the gutter.
    I've said before that I fail to understand why people have such blind faith in one party or the other. None of them ever resolve the important things facing the country despite routinely promising they will, but people still fall for their deceptions. Strange.
    What a fanciful notion now the Tories are up sh1t creek
    Do you think for one moment you would have thought it a good idea if things were going swimmingly & the opposition would have been invited to share in the success
    No sirree

Easiest thing in the world opposing things and criticising. Making things happen, making things better, doing the right things in the best interests of the country, that's the difficult stuff.
    Guess we'll find out soon enough if any of them are up to the job but don't hold your breath.
    Any suggestions as to who is
    Making things happen
    Making things better
    Doing the right things in the best interests of the country

We've already found out who is not up to the job,
    Most of the self serving cretins

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Making things happen
    Making things better

Indeed.

What a fanciful notion now the Tories are up sh1t creek
    Do you think for one moment you would have thought it a good idea if things were going swimmingly & the opposition would have been invited to share in the success
    No sirree
    You don't seem to get it. I couldn't care less about either party, I just want what's best for the country because that affects everybody.
    The Tories Brexit strategy (probably not the right word!) is shambolic but I don't think Labour will do any better because they don't seem to have a credible Brexit strategy either.
    Sometimes it feels like opposition for opposition's sake and I can't see what that's achieving.
    Labour may get in if there's a General Election but will that solve the Brexit problem? I doubt it because the calibre of some of their politicians is no better than the current incumbents so we'll probably continue to go round in ever-decreasing circles ☹

After Corbyn disgraceful behaviour the Tories should advocate a vote of confidence in him

Making things happen
    Making things better

It really is difficult getting through sometimes!
    None of the current lot are doing any of those things but just sitting there criticising and opposing everything is just as destructive and achieves little.
    We'll see if the next lot can do any better but I doubt it because they will fall into the "self-serving cretins" category as well because politicians always do, they are utterly predictable.

None of the current lot are doing any of those things but just sitting there criticising and opposing everything is just as destructive and achieves little.
    We'll see if the next lot can do any better but I doubt it because they will fall into the "self-serving cretins" category as well because politicians always do, they are utterly predictable.
    I've got some important news for you MM, this isn't the Labour party's doing, never has been, you've been had, just like millions of others, flannelled into the narrative that Corbyn is this and that, or any other prominent labour politician for that matter....this gov't has even been found funding an anti corbyn campaign online for years, drip feeding bull that is sure to hit eventually....

You're right MM
    It really is difficult getting through sometimes
    So if the two of us can't agree why do you think two groups of opposing politicians might when it's patently obvious they are much thicker than us?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 19-12-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I've got some important news for you MM, this isn't the Labour party's doing, never has been, you've been had, just like millions of others, flannelled into the narrative that Corbyn is this and that, or any other prominent labour politician for that matter....this gov't has even been found funding an anti corbyn campaign online for years, drip feeding bull that is sure to hit eventually....
    I'm struggling to see where I've said it is "the Labour Party's doing" but I have said I don't think they'll do any better as far as Brexit is concerned.
    I'm quite happy that you seem to believe Corbyn and his gang are the answer to the problems but I'll never understand your blind faith in politicians.

I'm struggling to see where I've said it is "the Labour Party's doing" but I have said I don't think they'll do any better as far as Brexit is concerned.
    I'm quite happy that you seem to believe Corbyn and his gang are the answer to the problems but I'll never understand your blind faith in politicians.
    Where has MMM said Corbyn & his gang are the answer
    You do seem to change the meaning of others posts in just the same way as another poster on here
    I think the tone & innuendo of your narrative often gives clues as to your true position

Page 85 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast