+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 143 of 349 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Stovicmiller and Millerbill. I dont mind you having a pop at me personally. Although Id prefer a proper discussion (more than just the majority has spoken).

Rees Mogg, Dyson and Lord Bamford (JC, like you, all support a hard brexit to trade under WTO rules.

Yet they strategically relocated their businesses outside the UK to avoid Britain in the event of a hard brexit. Their move was designed to maintain international trade and duty free access to EU markets. Many other multi nationals will do the same.

These guys are actively deserting Britain. Why not aim your anger at them?

I posted up 30 banks and 25 Insurance companies that has done the exact same. There are many more.

You ever considered asking the question why? Why are these companies moving?
    Sorry if you thought it was personal it's more like frustration with politicians who have ignored the vote

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    And still no one has been able to articulate what those opportunities those are.
    Interested in your thoughts on this link. Would any of this be workable and how would it affect your international trading? Genuine questions, I don't know enough about economics, trade, tax etc to argue in its favour. I've noticed you're quite passionate to Remain in the EU based on how your business would be affected, so if we did end up with No Deal, would this be a way forward?

http://cleanbrexit.com/policies/tax-reform/

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJohn View Post
    Interested in your thoughts on this link. Would any of this be workable and how would it affect your international trading? Genuine questions, I don't know enough about economics, trade, tax etc to argue in its favour. I've noticed you're quite passionate to Remain in the EU based on how your business would be affected, so if we did end up with No Deal, would this be a way forward?

http://cleanbrexit.com/policies/tax-reform/
    Thanks for posting Davey. Got to admit I dont fully understand it. Id prefer to see the original paper by Michael Devereux rather than this piece where the author maybe puts their own spin on it.

What I can this deals with corporate taxation rather than import duty.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Can you show me exactly what evidence you have to show for the kind of Brexit 'people' voted for? Please explain the evidence in which you build the case that the majority of the country (48%of whom voted against Brexit + however many leavers want a deal that protects the economy) ) favour the kind of deal May is trying to bully through?

I look forward to your evidence based rationale.
    Still waiting Kerr. Stumped again?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47319533

So that looks promising then...not

But so far his department has only been able to finalise "continuity agreements" with seven of the 69 countries and regions with which the EU has trade deals.

These include Switzerland, Chile, the Faroe Islands, Eastern and Southern Africa, Israel and the Palestinian Authority.

That'll keep the wolves from the door eh?

The implications for a Brexit have never been seriously thought out by this shower.

We have to delay Brexit now at the very least.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 21-02-2019 at 06:53 PM.

At last in this very sorry saga we are seeing the true colours of of our elected representatives.

Jane Seymour calling leave voters thick on national TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Jane Seymour calling leave voters thick on national TV.
    Terry Christian was doing the same the other day on Twitter, the well-known genius

May has ruled out "no deal" on 29 March and said we might not be leaving at all, read definitely not leaving, looks like Brexit is off and hopefully in the next election the Tories and Labour will get the kicking they deserve.

Was this the plan all along?

Probably.
    Last edited by great_fire; 26-02-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    May has ruled out "no deal" on 29 March and said we might not be leaving at all, read definitely not leaving, looks like Brexit is off and hopefully in the next election the Tories and Labour will get the kicking they deserve.

Was this the plan all along?

Probably.
    Where has May ruled out No Deal on 29th March? I've heard she has offered parliament a vote on whether to keep No Deal on the table or to extend negotiations? How is that her ruling out a No Deal?

Page 143 of 349 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast